Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR350

HisRaven
Follower

Orbi RBR350

Hi guys, I'm not technically minded so please bear with me. Lost power for almost 48hrs and when everything came back on all technology is buffering. I can't watch any apps on TV, Chromecast, PS4 freezes constantly, I'm even writing this using phone data. There is a 'Sync' button on the Orbi and satellite, which I did try, that made the buffering less, however it's still buffers every few minutes and lasts about 20sec or so.
It was a mission setting Orbi up originally as our phone company purposely tries to block 3rd party, so I don't want to factory reset as I'm worried that'll take me back to square one. I'm really out of my depth so any help would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR350

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Message 3 of 4
Rick1975
Aspirant

Changing channel manualy on 5G is not possible at rb350
Only on 2.4.
Afterchanging manualy channels, the sattelites don't change to the same channel most off the time.
Result a faulty system that is not working till you start all setup all over again.
Be aware!!
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7