Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR750 Stuck on Firmware V3.2.18.1_1.4.14

Moerax
Initiate

Orbi RBR750 Stuck on Firmware V3.2.18.1_1.4.14

Greetings.  First time posting here.  Appreciate any help offered : )

I purchased an RBR750 from Costco (RBR750 + 2 RBS750).  During some setup issues, Tech Support had me update the router and satelites to firmware V3.2.18.1_1.4.14.   Loaded it on the satelites and the router with no problem and resolved my problems.  It was since disappeared from Netgear's web site. 

However, I would like to get firmware V4.6.3.7 on the router and satelites. 

• Auto update does not recognize there is an update from my current version
  • I dowloaded V4.6.3.7 from the RBR750 support page (for both the router and satelites)
    • Logged into the router (192.168.x.x.) successfully 
    • Went to firmware - attempted to update the router
    • The  V4.6.3.7 firmware was rejected (check your file) for both the router and the sattelies
  • Detached all Ethernet, unplugged the satelites and tried just the router - same result
  • Did a factory reset on the router.  Set everything up (keepint the satelites unplugged and unpowered) got on the itnernet, same result - firmware files are rejected (firmware upgrade failed, check your file)

I'm thinking since  V3.2.18.1_1.4.14 was removed from Netgear's web site (I think was replaced with V3.2.17.12_1.4.14)

there may be something blocking V4.6.3.7.    Like I need a bridge firmware or something to get off of  V3.2.18.1_1.4.14?

I also tried a manual firmware change to V3.2.17.12_1.4.14.zip with the same error (firmware upgrade failed, check your file). 

Any thoughts?   Would like to get off this funky firmware release.  

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR750 Stuck on Firmware V3.2.18.1_1.4.14

Be sure you try a reset on the RBS and RBR and setup from scratch. I would do this with RBR disconnected from the modem.

Be sure you are unpacking the .zip files for the v4 files. 

Be sure to clear out all browser caches before entering the RBS and RBRs web pages prior.

Try a different browser as well. IE11, MS Edge Firefox or Opera should all work.

v18.1 has not been removed from NG download site:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/rbk752.aspx#download

Be advised that if you update to v4, doing back to any v3 FW is not working at this time and doesn't seem to be supported, should something happen. 

Message 2 of 4
Moerax
Initiate

Awesome.  Thank you for all the feedback and suggestions.  Got the router and satelites updated. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it updated.

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves tine if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7