Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR750 and GS108Ev3 VLAN issues

G4Net
Aspirant

Orbi RBR750 and GS108Ev3 VLAN issues

Hi,

I have a problem with my VLAN configuration. I have the following setup (no picture, I hope it's clear):

- modem - Orbi (RBR750) Router - GS108Ev3 switch (#1) --------- GS108Ev3 (#2)
                                                          |- multiple devices wired on #1

|- Orbi Satellite-1 (RBS750) wired on #2
                                                                                                           |- Orbi Satellite-2 (RBS750) wired on #2
                                                                                                           |- 2 IOT devices wired on #2

And several devices through wireless connections, either on the Router or Satellite 1 or 2.

My purpose for the VLAN: The 2 iot devices should only have internet-access and no access to other devices on the LAN.

My VLAN-Configuration:
GS108 (#2): VLAN3 untagged on the 2 iot-ports and tagged on the Trunk-port to the GS108 (#1). VLAN1 is untagged on all ports (see question/problem 1. below). PVID3 is set for the 2 iot-ports, the rest is PVID1.
GS108 (#1) : VLAN3 has 2 ports: the Trunk-port (tagged) to the GS108 (#2) and the (untagged) uplink-port to the Orbi router. VLAN1 is untagged on all ports. PVID1 on all ports.

I have two problems/questions:
1. Netgear-documentation states that on the GS108 (#2) the 2 ports for VLAN3 should be disabled on VLAN1. However, then internetconnection to the iot devices drops.
How is this possible? There should be a proper link from the 2 ports with PVID3 through the tagged trunk ports in VLAN3 on both GS's to the untagged uplink-port in VLAN3 to the Orbi router. Or am I missing something?

2. As described above, because of point 1. VLAN1 is now configured for all ports on both GS's untagged. This surprisingly still makes the iot devices unreachable from wired and wireless devices on the network (hooray!), ACCEPT from wireless devices connected to the Orbi router wifi (not the Satellites wifi). How can this be solved, so that the iot devices can also not see wireless devices connected directly to the wifi-radio on the router?

Thanks in advance for your answer!

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR750 and GS108Ev3 VLAN issues

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you

Message 2 of 4
G4Net
Aspirant

Thanks for the advice! I've posted it in the suggested community group.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7