Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR750 not allowing Samsung TV to connect to the internet.

mbaltimore
Initiate

Orbi RBR750 not allowing Samsung TV to connect to the internet.

HI...I have an ORBIT RBR750 with two satellites.  For some reason, my Samsung TV is not being allowed to connect to the internet through the Orbi Satellite.  The error message says it can't set the IP address...I think this may be a result of 5Ghz vs 2.4Ghz with respect to the TV but all the solutions I have tried (resetting the TV, the Orbis, the Internet,etc.) do not seem to work.  Any help would be much appreciated.  

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Mikey94025
Hero

Re: Orbi RBR750 not allowing Samsung TV to connect to the internet.

@mbaltimore wrote:

With resepct to your last comments, sorry I am just not technical enough to know how to answer them.

The problem is almost certainly not because of 2.4Ghz vs. 5Ghz, instead compatibility with older wireless 2.4Ghz devices.

Try setting your CTS/RTS Threshold to 2347 to maximize compatibility with older wireless devices:

1. Go to the web admin portal at http://orbilogin.com/
  2. Click to the Advanced tab, Advanced left menu, Wireless Settings
  3. Set CTS/RTS Threshold to 2347 for both 2.4hz and 5Ghz networks
  4. Press Apply

See if that helps.  If problems still persist, next try disabling AX mode for the 2.4Ghz band:

1. Go to http://orbilogin.com/
  2. Click to hte Advanced tab, Setup left menu, Wireless Setup
  3. Uncheck "Enable 2.4G" under the top Enable AX section
  4. Press Apply

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What is the distance between the TV and the RBR and RBS? 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.

Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set CTS to 2347. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s). Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Disable AX mode on 2.4Ghz.

FYI:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/RBK852-AX6000-and-Samsung-Frame-TV-w...

Message 2 of 6
mbaltimore
Initiate

Firmware - 4.6.5.14

Spectrum ISP - Modem, DOCSIS 3.1 E31U2V1

Home - 5200 SqFt

Distance between router and sat is ~30Ft.  

Distance between TV and Sat is ~15Ft.

Channels - Auto (2.4) and 48 (5)

With resepct to your last comments, sorry I am just not technical enough to know how to answer them.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Try turning OFF the RBS and see if the TV will connect to the RBR signal.

The other suggestions are something you can try on the RBR to help with getting the TV connected. You may need to seek some additional in person help to help you with this. 

Message 4 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

@mbaltimore wrote:

HI...I have an ORBIT RBR750 with two satellites.  For some reason, my Samsung TV is not being allowed to connect to the internet through the Orbi Satellite.  The error message says it can't set the IP address...I think this may be a result of 5Ghz vs 2.4Ghz with respect to the TV but all the solutions I have tried (resetting the TV, the Orbis, the Internet,etc.) do not seem to work.  Any help would be much appreciated.  

Is this Orbi system administered using the Orbi web interface or the Orbi 'app'?

Does the Samsung TV appear on the list of devices?

If we knew the specific model number of TV and the exact spelling of the error message, we could do an internet search to find the user manual and see if other Samsung users have reported this problem.

Message 5 of 6
Mikey94025
Hero

@mbaltimore wrote:

The problem is almost certainly not because of 2.4Ghz vs. 5Ghz, instead compatibility with older wireless 2.4Ghz devices.

Try setting your CTS/RTS Threshold to 2347 to maximize compatibility with older wireless devices:

1. Go to the web admin portal at http://orbilogin.com/
  2. Click to the Advanced tab, Advanced left menu, Wireless Settings
  3. Set CTS/RTS Threshold to 2347 for both 2.4hz and 5Ghz networks
  4. Press Apply

See if that helps.  If problems still persist, next try disabling AX mode for the 2.4Ghz band:

1. Go to http://orbilogin.com/
  2. Click to hte Advanced tab, Setup left menu, Wireless Setup
  3. Uncheck "Enable 2.4G" under the top Enable AX section
  4. Press Apply
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7