Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR752 Mesh, Guestlan, SSH, VPN Client

mariva
Aspirant

Orbi RBR752 Mesh, Guestlan, SSH, VPN Client

Hi

I bought the Orbi Mesh Set RBR750 couple days ago. Orbi™ AX4200 (RBK752) Tri-band WiFi 6 Mesh System

I was talking with 2 different support members from netgear to precheck if my desired funktions can handled by orbi. 

And now 2 days later , none of them work. 

Thats why i write here now, i want to figure out if i have bad settings or the customer support just lying 😞

First Problem: VPN Client, i try to set up a client, that my whole network uses vpn. couldn find the option. 

Second: SSH Access, i want a list of all connected devices / mac addresses, is this possible somehow? 

Third and most important: GuestWLAN it doesnt work through mesh. 

Setup: Router in the basement ground floor. Sattelite first floor. Both connected via ethernet. i have in almost each room ethernet. 

All together with Switch  Zyxel 24-Port Gigabit [GS1900-24]

I tried ethernet backhaul and wifi backhaul. 

firmware: V3.2.16.22_1.4.9 

alot of restarts.

satelite connection direct via ethernet , not through switch.

i see the the guest network on my sattelite 100% but i cant connect or if i can conenct i have no internet. 

at my groundfloor i can connect to it and i have internet. 

the most dissapointed thing, i had "only" that questWLAN problem with my "old" asus mesh system, thats the reason why i asked twice the netgear support if this really works.  

so i switched out my hardware, and now the same and more problems 😞 

sorry for my bad english, im not nativ and try my best to explain. 

I appreciate any kind of tipps to solve this problems. thank you. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR752 Mesh, Guestlan, SSH, VPN Client

Any updates on this? 

Message 2 of 4
mariva
Aspirant

The be honest, the Netgear support is really bad. no technical know how or maybe just enough for 08/15 consumer. im super disappointed for such high-price models. 

my solution: i switched to TP Link Accespoints with Omada Software. and Raspberry 4 with OpenWRT as Router. 

I solved all my "problems" without stress. create community and support on both device/software.

the only disadvantage i have no wifi 6, tbh i dont need it, it would be a nice to have.   

greetings. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation