Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR850 Link Aggregation

Beantowm111
Apprentice

Orbi RBR850 Link Aggregation

I have an ORBI RBR850 and Nighthawk CM1150 modem with xfinity gig (1.2 Mbps supposedly) internet. My speed via direct Ethernet is 960ish Mbps. I turned on port aggregation between the Orbi and nighthawk connecting a second Ethernet cable. On The Orbi speedtest I now see 1350-1400 Mbps. Good but downstream I still only see 930-60ish. Even when my laptop is directly connected to the Orbi do not get above 960. I am using Cat 6-8 cables throughout house. Any idea why only the Orbi speedtest (in app or web interface) shows improvement by Port aggregation? Why can’t I beak 1 gig downstream? Thanks for input.
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR850 Link Aggregation

Due to the LAN ports on the RBR and your network wired adapter connection rates are at 1000Mpbs which in most cases will max out at around 900 to under 1000Mpbs. You'll not see anything much over what your seeing now. Nature of the beast. 

Message 2 of 4
Beantowm111
Apprentice

Thank you.  So is there any advantage to having Port aggregation activated? Or is system better with it off?

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

The overall speeed and handling of performances seems to be better with LAG enabled if you have a LAG enabled modem.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7