Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR850 Won’t stay connected to internet

Garden235
Aspirant

Orbi RBR850 Won’t stay connected to internet

I have been using this RBR850 Orbi mesh router with 1 satellite in my 2500 sq ft home for the past year. It has worked flawlessly. In the last week it has begun to drop the internet connection multiple times a day (meaning 6-10 times while I’m home in the evening). This requires a reboot to regain internet. I checked the ISP modem with Ethernet to pc and it works just fine even while the router says no internet (Cox fiber modem). I have tried a factory reset twice and now it drops internet every five or ten minutes. At the point of buying a new system of this cannot be solved. Any advice would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR850 Won’t stay connected to internet

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 2 of 6
Garden235
Aspirant

Disabled the Philip’s hue bridge in the devices connected to the router and it has been stable all day. Turned it back on in the Orbi app and internet disconnected almost immediately. Disabled and rebooted the router and the Orbi is running normally again. Seems to be an issue with the hue bridge.
Message 3 of 6
Mikey94025
Hero

@Garden235 wrote:
Disabled the Philip’s hue bridge in the devices connected to the router and it has been stable all day. Turned it back on in the Orbi app and internet disconnected almost immediately. Disabled and rebooted the router and the Orbi is running normally again. Seems to be an issue with the hue bridge.

How interesting.  I have a Philips Hue bridge with my RBK850 system but have not experienced any of the disconnects you descrbe.  Very good debugging!

Is it possible that the Philps Hue device is having an IP conflict or something with another device?  I suggest trying to reset it, erase any DHCP reservation, and then reconnect it back to your home network.  It might solve the issue.  The other thing is to check if there is any device now using the same IP address as what your Philips Hue bridge was previously using.

Message 4 of 6
Garden235
Aspirant

I was wrong. Even with Hugh disconnected I am
Back to no internet every ten minutes or so. Tried factory reset one more time with no luck. About to spend $600 on a new mesh system but am hoping for a few ideas to fix this one before I do. The thing will not stay on the internet. All devices remain connected to network, just no internet.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

@Garden235 wrote:
I have been using this RBR850 Orbi mesh router with 1 satellite in my 2500 sq ft home for the past year. It has worked flawlessly. In the last week it has begun to drop the internet connection multiple times a day (meaning 6-10 times while I’m home in the evening). This requires a reboot to regain internet. I checked the ISP modem with Ethernet to pc and it works just fine even while the router says no internet (Cox fiber modem). I have tried a factory reset twice and now it drops internet every five or ten minutes. At the point of buying a new system of this cannot be solved. Any advice would be appreciated.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7