Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR850 loses IPv6 connection daily

enableIPv6
Aspirant

Orbi RBR850 loses IPv6 connection daily

My brand new Orbi RBR850 loses IPv6 connections daily. To temporarily fix it, I have to re-enable it every day in the web GUI under Advanced > Advanced > IPv6 > Apply.  No IPv6 configuration info or control is possible via the IOS app. I bought the Orbi in large part because it claimed to support IPv6.

Before installing this netgear router, I had an (now EOL and discontinued) apple router that never lost IPv6 connections. I have used IPv6 with Comcast on my residential connection for a decade and never had this problem before buying this Netgear Orbi router.

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
enableIPv6
Aspirant

Re: Orbi RBR850 loses IPv6 connection daily

Good news, this problem seems to have been addressed by firmware updates. Now running V3.2.17.12. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW version are you using? V32 is most current version. 

I would make contact with NG support about this and let them know what you seeing with IPv6. Maybe something they need to correct. 

Message 2 of 8
enableIPv6
Aspirant

Yes, I'm using the current firmware V3.2.15.32 on both my RBR850 router and RBS850 satellite.

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@enableIPv6 wrote:

Yes, I'm using the current firmware V3.2.15.32 on both my RBR850 router and RBS850 satellite.

Message 4 of 8
enableIPv6
Aspirant

Good news, this problem seems to have been addressed by firmware updates. Now running V3.2.17.12. 

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 8
lowkee33
Aspirant

I’m still cannot use Ipv6. I can use it on my nighthawk router but not the Orbi for some reason. I have the newest firmware as well.
Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

@lowkee33 wrote:
I’m still cannot use Ipv6. I can use it on my nighthawk router but not the Orbi for some reason. I have the newest firmware as well.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7