Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR850 not visible to some devices

MoVancouver
Aspirant

Orbi RBR850 not visible to some devices

Model is RBK852 (AX6000) - not available in the model dropdown.

Installed the new Orbi today using the mobile app (replaced a DLInk wifi router).  All went well, until I noticed one laptop cannot see the SSID, and the other can see it, but fails to connect.

I have a cable modem supplied by the ISP, which is hardwired into the Orbi's Internet port.

I spent 3 hours on the phone, and the call eventually dropped while I was waiting for the 3rd technician (this model apparently needs specialized technicians).

I have used the support site to track my Case and add details, but no response.

One of the laptops that doesn't connect is my work laptop that needs to be functional by the morning!

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR850 not visible to some devices

You might get better luck posting in the orbi AX forum. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Message 2 of 4
paulhiggs
Aspirant

One possibility to 'not see' an SSID would be the regional WiFi settings.

If your router is configured for "Europe" (See Wireless Settings under Advanced menu group) it can use channels 1 through 13 and could have selected channel 12 or 13.

If the laptop is "American" it will only see see channels 1 through 11 (but I cannot advise how to check that setting)

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@MoVancouver wrote:

Model is RBK852 (AX6000) - not available in the model dropdown.

Installed the new Orbi today using the mobile app (replaced a DLInk wifi router).  All went well, until I noticed one laptop cannot see the SSID, and the other can see it, but fails to connect.

I have a cable modem supplied by the ISP, which is hardwired into the Orbi's Internet port.

I spent 3 hours on the phone, and the call eventually dropped while I was waiting for the 3rd technician (this model apparently needs specialized technicians).

I have used the support site to track my Case and add details, but no response.

One of the laptops that doesn't connect is my work laptop that needs to be functional by the morning!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7