Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR850mesh network with ATT BWG210 -700 modem - need to be on one network.

bobberGman
Follower

Orbi RBR850mesh network with ATT BWG210 -700 modem - need to be on one network.

Hi everyone,

I'm using an ATT BWG210-700 modem / router and connected an Orbi RBR850 router with one RBS850 satellite.  
The problem is that my wired connections to the ATT router through a switch are on the ATT network (two printers are the main issue) yet I like the wireless performance (especially on the third floor) of the Orbi mesh8 network.  When I want to print something, I switch the wireless to connect from the Orbi network to the ATT so that I can access the printers.

A minor inconvenience for me, but impossible for my wife.

Is there a relatively simple way to configure so that the Orbi network can access the ATT network seamlessly?  Any subnet settings that can be changed? Or anything similar where I can just change some settings.

Right now, my wife's notebook PCs and her iPhone are connected to the ATT network so that she can access the printers.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Bob

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR850mesh network with ATT BWG210 -700 modem - need to be on one network.

Its because you're in a double nat. 

What is Double NAT? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

try putting the orbi in access point mode. 

Tends to be the easiest router if you're planning on using both routers. 

there are other options like disabling router mode on the ATT router or putting the netgear's IP address into the ATT's dmz. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR850mesh network with ATT BWG210 -700 modem - need to be on one network.

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7