Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBRE950 Loses Internet connection almost every Thursday randomly (and not an ISP issue)

Rickp703
Aspirant

Orbi RBRE950 Loses Internet connection almost every Thursday randomly (and not an ISP issue)

Hello, 

I have a RBRE950 router (Costco version of RBRE960) with 4 Satellites (all RBSE950's).  It seems every week (on Thursdays) the router loses an Internet connection.  

I'm hoping there is a setting somewhere that I can change because otherwise, the system is rock solid.  Note: We are a very connected family with multiple streams, gaming, and approx 40 devices (IoT and such) connected to a Frontier 1 Gig Fiber connection. Every connection (from the Fiber line into the home and all 5 Orbi's (Router & Satelites) are on UPS batteries to avoid power glitches and provide clean power.

What can be the driver of this single disconnect (BTW after unplugging & replugging all Orbi's back in - everything comes back online very quickly)?  There must be a setting somewhere - who can the system work perfectly for 99% of each and every week ?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBRE950 Loses Internet connection almost every Thursday randomly (and not an ISP issue)

Does the system recover by itself? Or, does it remain disconnected until you power cycle the router?

Do all the satellites have to be power cycled, or will simply restarting the router restore internet?

Could you please look at the Orbi web browser interface, the Advanced Tab, and click the blue button Connection Status.  What is the length of the IP Lease provided by Frontier? (Is it, for example, seven days - one week?)

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBRE950 Loses Internet connection almost every Thursday randomly (and not an ISP issue)

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6A STP is recommended. 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

Do you have the IoT and Separate 6Ghz radios enabled? 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7