Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBS350

AnaAoake
Follower

Orbi RBS350

Hi there
Wondering if anyone knows how to join a specific GHz band . Our baby monitor requires us to be on 2.4ghz however our Orbi starlight’s move our phones between 2.4 and 5 is anyone aware of a way to join only one /separate?
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi RBS350

there isn't a way to separate them out. 

What I've seen do is a couple things. 

1. shut off the satellites and then turn down the 5ghz ssid broadcast strength. Some even disable the 5ghz ssid (doesn't shut off the band) and then disconnect your phone from the wifi and move a ways away. When you reconnect, the hope is it connects to the 2.4ghz. Then you setup your device. Once its setup, it should just auto-connect to the 2.4ghz band without issues. So you can undo your turning broadcast strength down and powering up the satellites. 

2. the other thing I've seen done is to shut off the router/satellites and setup a phone with its hotspot named the same as the ssid/password as your router. Connect the device and go through setup. Once setup, you should be able to shut off the hotspot and turn the router on. The camera should connect. 

I haven't had to do either of these options in a while as most apps shouldn't care if you're on 2.4ghz or 5ghz. the ones that do are because of lazy coding on the app makers part. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7