Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBS750 Satellite continuous pulsating white light

Mstrbig
Master

Orbi RBS750 Satellite continuous pulsating white light

I have a situation where an Orbi RBS750 satellite is stuck on pulsating white. I have performed all the normal steps to fix this.

Performed a reset and still pulsating white. This malfunction happened after the satellite received automatic firmware update 4.6.3.7. The RBR750 router and other RBS750 satellite seem to be working fine.

Any input will be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you log in to the RBS web page. Still keeps pulsating? 

Check the status on the RBS web page to see if it's fully synced an SSID and WPA modes are correct...

Remove the RBS from the RBRs web page then re-sync again? 

Message 2 of 11
Mstrbig
Master

@FURRYe38 wrote:

What happens if you log in to the RBS web page. Still keeps pulsating? 

Check the status on the RBS web page to see if it's fully synced an SSID and WPA modes are correct...

Remove the RBS from the RBRs web page then re-sync again? 

That's the other strange thing.

When I plug a net cable in and log in to the RBS web page, it accepts username and password, then never fully populates the GUI home page. When I remjove the RBS from the RBR's web page, it cannot find the satellite when syncing.

Message 3 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

After removing the RBS from the RBRs web page, reboot the RBR and after it's back to ready, press the sync button on the RBS then RBR? 

Message 4 of 11
Mstrbig
Master

@FURRYe38 wrote:

After removing the RBS from the RBRs web page, reboot the RBR and after it's back to ready, press the sync button on the RBS then RBR? 

Removed it, rebooted RBR, reset RBS, RBS never comes off pulsating white light.

Message 5 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Running out of idea here. 

Only thing I might do is manually re-load FW again on the RBS, Remove it from the RBR. Reset the RBS then manual button press resync...try this in same room as RBR. 

After that, you might contact @Blanca_O and let her know...

Message 6 of 11
Mstrbig
Master

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Running out of idea here. 

Only thing I might do is manually re-load FW again on the RBS, Remove it from the RBR. Reset the RBS then manual button press resync...try this in same room as RBR. 

After that, you might contact @Blanca_O and let her know...

I'm running out as well.

After extensive testing, now both RBS units are doing the same thing and the RBR is constantly going to pulsing white and re-connecting. I've run diagnostics on the ISP modem, contacted the ISP to see if there are issues in my area, changed out the cables, and all is fine. The only thing that has changed is Netgear pushed the new firmware that auto installed. I'm going to rollback the firmware to see if it solves the issue.

Message 7 of 11
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Mstrbig

Kindly check your inbox. I have sent you a message requesting for more information. 

Please be advised that the downgrade from FW v4.6.3.7 back to 3.2.18.1 is not supported. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 8 of 11
Mstrbig
Master

@Blanca_O wrote:

Hi @Mstrbig

Please be advised that the downgrade from FW v4.6.3.7 back to 3.2.18.1 is not supported. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

I contacted support and it appears Netgear is overwhelmed with malfunctioning RBS satellites failing after FW 4.6.3.7 OTA update..

The tech and I finally determined that the OTA update more than likely updated the router before the second satellite, locking out the satellite. Since no downgrade is available, the Satellite is bricked.

What really upsets me is we are being charged a $20 fee for Netgear's mistake. And for me, I now have 4 customers with the same issue. I cannot charge my customers for something that is not their fault. This is unacceptable.

Message 9 of 11
SBlitz
Aspirant

Has there been any fix or what is Netgear doing about this issue? I have the CBR 750 modem/router combo and my system updated the firmware automatically last night. Since then I have not been able to connect to the router and the modem has been unable to connect with the internet. The entire system that was purchased just 6 months ago is now useless and I'm unsure of what to do. I do not have a different modem and router, so I have seen others that switched it off, but without the additional parts, that is not an option without spending hundreds of dollars more.

The lack of transparency and expendiance is very disappointing from Netgear.

@Mstrbig wrote:

@Blanca_O wrote:

Hi @Mstrbig

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

I contacted support and it appears Netgear is overwhelmed with malfunctioning RBS satellites failing after FW 4.6.3.7 OTA update..

The tech and I finally determined that the OTA update more than likely updated the router before the second satellite, locking out the satellite. Since no downgrade is available, the Satellite is bricked.

What really upsets me is we are being charged a $20 fee for Netgear's mistake. And for me, I now have 4 customers with the same issue. I cannot charge my customers for something that is not their fault. This is unacceptable.

@Mstrbig wrote:

@Blanca_O wrote:

Hi @Mstrbig

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 10 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about your experiences over the Orbi with Cable Modem forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-with-Built-in-Cable-Modem/bd-p/en-home-orbi-cable

If your having problems with your Orbi system, you'll need to contact NG support and let them know. 

NG does not announce when FW fixes or changes are forth coming. Been like that for a long time. Same goes for other router mfrs.

Thank you

@SBlitz wrote:

Has there been any fix or what is Netgear doing about this issue? I have the CBR 750 modem/router combo and my system updated the firmware automatically last night. Since then I have not been able to connect to the router and the modem has been unable to connect with the internet. The entire system that was purchased just 6 months ago is now useless and I'm unsure of what to do. I do not have a different modem and router, so I have seen others that switched it off, but without the additional parts, that is not an option without spending hundreds of dollars more.

The lack of transparency and expendiance is very disappointing from Netgear.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7