Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi SpeedTest not working on RBR and RBK 6K

BiGMERF
Apprentice

Re: Orbi SpeedTest not working

I took mines back to Best Buy due to some issues it was having including the speedtest randomly not working.  Swapped to another one to give it another try.  Everything works again.  
im curious to see if In a few days everything goes to shizz again and the speedtest stops working.  

Message 26 of 44
FURRYe38
Guru

Well, I put my RBR850 online last nite in AP mode. Checked today and Orbi app on my phone and Android app are working. 

OrbiAXOrbiAppSpeedTestAPmode.PNG

Message 27 of 44
BiGMERF
Apprentice

so in AP mode it works for you? but in router mode it doesnt ?

Message 28 of 44
FURRYe38
Guru

Something I'll try later on this weekend. I'm currently testing AP mode and NEST controller problems. Smiley Tongue I have no doubt there is a orbi app issue and it's probably on NG side of the fence. Again, users are encouraged to make contact with NG support and post over in the Orbi app forum regarding this. Smiley Wink

Message 29 of 44
Jim3871
Tutor

Well it is working fro you in AP mode,  Great!  Good news.  Let us know in two weeks if it is still working? 

Message 30 of 44
FURRYe38
Guru

Please make contact with NG support if you haven't already and let them know what your seeing. 

Thank you. 

Message 31 of 44
tedmichon
Tutor

I shut down my network, restarted, there may have been a firmware upgrade (can't tell) but Orbi Speedtest works fine now, easy-peasy.

Message 32 of 44
FURRYe38
Guru

What do you mean by shut down? Power off the RBR? Just curious what you did. 

Yes if there was FW update, it's recommended to power OFF the RBR and RBS for 1 minute then back after the udpate. 

@tedmichon wrote:

I shut down my network, restarted, there may have been a firmware upgrade (can't tell) but Orbi Speedtest works fine now, easy-peasy.

Message 33 of 44
tedmichon
Tutor

I shut off the xfinity modem, the Orbi router, the Orbi satellites, for a minute, then turned back on in that same order.
Message 34 of 44
FURRYe38
Guru

Awesome. Let us know if you see the speed test app stop again. Hopefully it won't. Mine hasn't. 

Message 35 of 44
Cshartma
Guide

So I powered down my modem, router and two satellites and powered them back up in that same order. My speed test on the iOS app as well as the speed test on the browser page advanced qos still does not work. NG tech support tells me I need to reset the router to default settings and then rebuild it. I’m really not happy because this started after a firmware upgrade and now I’m inconvenienced with hours of work. That’s shoddy programming and lack of beta testing before a roll out. Not what I expect for a $1,000 investment.
Message 36 of 44
Fritzsche0529
Apprentice

I had tried rebooting my router and other components multiple times with no luck.  I was able to contact NG support (Rose) and she suggested that I do a factory reset.  She walked me through it and actually did most of the reset remotely.  It was then necessary to do a new system setup for my router.  Rose stayed on the line while everything rebooted.  When I tried the SpeedTest upon full system startup, it worked.  It has been working since last Friday.  It took about an hour, and I had to clear my schedule and family's schedule to enable full shutdown of my WiFi, but in the end, everything is working great now.  I hope it works for you, too.

Message 37 of 44
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. So both RBR speed test app and Orbi app now work for you? 

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@Fritzsche0529 wrote:

I had tried rebooting my router and other components multiple times with no luck.  I was able to contact NG support (Rose) and she suggested that I do a factory reset.  She walked me through it and actually did most of the reset remotely.  It was then necessary to do a new system setup for my router.  Rose stayed on the line while everything rebooted.  When I tried the SpeedTest upon full system startup, it worked.  It has been working since last Friday.  It took about an hour, and I had to clear my schedule and family's schedule to enable full shutdown of my WiFi, but in the end, everything is working great now.  I hope it works for you, too.

Message 38 of 44
Jim3871
Tutor

I am glad this worked for you. It is next on my list too but I have to ask  What firmware level are you at now?  is it the same as before you reset or did it roll back? 

Message 39 of 44
FURRYe38
Guru

I'm currently on v6. 

Message 40 of 44
Fritzsche0529
Apprentice

It is the same as before (the current version). V3.2.16.6-1.4.4.   It was not rolled back.  

Message 41 of 44
Manokski
Initiate

I have an RBR750, it's pretty extreme do be doing a factory reset if you have a lot of connections to manage.

Did you have to connect all the clients back or did you basically use the same settings and just had to do them over on the router side after the factory reset?

Message 42 of 44
Fritzsche0529
Apprentice

@Manokski, I did not have to manually reconnect any of the devices after my reset.  Everything stayed the same after the factory reset, but I should note that I had not changed the WiFi  name or password during my original setup..thus, it's the same as it was before.  I don't suspect that you would have to do anything other than ensure that the "reset" router has the same SSIDand password as what you had previously.  If so, the devices should reconnect without issue.  I should note that I'm not an IT whiz, so I hope I didn't misinterpret your question.

Message 43 of 44
FURRYe38
Guru

Also after a reset and setup from scratch and you have the wifi setup for your system, I recommend backing up the configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed...

Message 44 of 44
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 43 replies
  • 10 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7