Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Ultra-Performance Mesh WiFi System RBK853 AX6000 Ethernet Backhaul with Gigabit Switch

JamesAt16
Aspirant

Orbi Ultra-Performance Mesh WiFi System RBK853 AX6000 Ethernet Backhaul with Gigabit Switch

When using a gigabit switch with the Orbi Ultra-Performance Mesh WiFi System RBK853 / AX6000, do I need a switch dedicated to the Orbi backhaul, or can I connect them into the same switch that all the other network devices are connected into?

Message 1 of 5
Chuck_M
Mentor

Re: Orbi Ultra-Performance Mesh WiFi System RBK853 AX6000 Ethernet Backhaul with Gigabit Switch

Normally, the same switch will work just fine.

I say normally because there are some "green" switches that may pose issues.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch in the configuration?
https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-Sy...

@JamesAt16 wrote:

When using a gigabit switch with the Orbi Ultra-Performance Mesh WiFi System RBK853 / AX6000, do I need a switch dedicated to the Orbi backhaul, or can I connect them into the same switch that all the other network devices are connected into?

Message 3 of 5
JamesAt16
Aspirant

The switch is a NETGEAR 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (GS116NA).

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

You should be good with this switch. V1s I don't see any green ethernet. 

Give it a try and see how it goes. https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-Sy...

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7