Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Whole Home Tri / Dual Band Mesh WiFi 6 System compatibility with MK63 Satellite Extender

nsharma
Aspirant

Orbi Whole Home Tri / Dual Band Mesh WiFi 6 System compatibility with MK63 Satellite Extender

Hi,

I wonder if you can please kindly help regarding the comaptibility between the Mesh WiFi 6 systems, below:-

NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Dual Band Mesh WiFi 6 System (RBK353), Router with 2 Satellite Extenders | Coverage up to 3,750 sq. ft. and 30 plus Devices | AX1800 Wi-Fi 6 (Up to 1.8 Gbps)  

NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Tri-Band WiFi 6 Mesh System (RBK753) | WiFi 6 Router with 2 Satellite Extenders | Coverage up to 6,000 sq. ft. and 40+ Devices | 11AX Mesh AX4200 WiFi (Upto 4.2 Gbps)

NETGEAR Nighthawk Whole Home Mesh WiFi 6 System MK63 - AX1800 Router with 2 Satellite Extender, Coverage Up to 3,250 sq ft and 25+ Devices

I have a spare NightHawk MK63 Satellite Extender and would like to use this with the newer models, Orbi Mesh WiFi 6 Dual or Tri Band systems (as shown above). Will this configuration work 100%?

Many thanks in advance, for all your help.

With kind regards.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Whole Home Tri / Dual Band Mesh WiFi 6 System compatibility with MK63 Satellite Extender

Possible it may work. The MK63 and RBK353 are dual band systems. The RBK8 series is a tri band which uses the 3rd band for wireless backhaul. I presume the Dual bands would not work on the 8 series. 

Something to ask NG support to see what there offcial stance is or try the MK63 with the RBK353 system and see. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Whole Home Tri / Dual Band Mesh WiFi 6 System compatibility with MK63 Satellite Extender

Possible it may work. The MK63 and RBK353 are dual band systems. The RBK8 series is a tri band which uses the 3rd band for wireless backhaul. I presume the Dual bands would not work on the 8 series. 

Something to ask NG support to see what there offcial stance is or try the MK63 with the RBK353 system and see. 

Message 2 of 4
nsharma
Aspirant

Hi,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

With kind regards.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us now what you find out. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7