Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi WiFi 6 AX4200 with 6 RBS 750 issues

jozomi38200
Tutor

Orbi WiFi 6 AX4200 with 6 RBS 750 issues

Hi everybody

i have a RBR750 with 6 RBS

the house is big so i needed a wide coverage.

The RBR is connected to optic fiber (900mgb download 600mgb upload). The RBR is then connected to a giga lan switch and then to a patch bay

The RBS are spread all over the house connected to RJ45 cat7.

4 out of 6 are good and 2 are either out of sync or disconnected. The out of sync is using an rj45 cable and internet is working (because my nvidia shield is plugged on it) but it appears out of sync. The disconnected one is also plugged on an RJ45 cable.

Out of 6 only one is not connected by cable and it work fine.

Does anyone knows why i have this issue even though they are connected by cable?

by the way, i moved the RBS that say outofsync in others rooms and still the same issue

Second issue is that when i do a speed test out of the orbi RBS, i only have 100mega and not 1 giga. When i do the test on the RBR, i have giga but on the satellite i have only 100 mega.

I use cat 7 cable and my switch is giga lan. When i connect to the switch without using an orbi satellite (for example my desktop, i have the correct speed (900mgb and 600mgb). Seems the orbi  satellite are holding the speed.

thx in advance

speed test.jpgorbi issue.jpg

Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi WiFi 6 AX4200 with 6 RBS 750 issues

what firmware is on the router and on the satellites? 

On the satellites that aren't syncing, have you tried factory resetting and reinstalling? 

One other thing to check for the connection link is to direct connect a satellite to the router and hardwire a pc/laptop into the satellite to check its speed. And try a different cable between them. I've seen a sketchy cable or one that had a poor crimp on one end cause it to only link at 10/100mbps speeds and not gigabit. 

Message 2 of 8
jozomi38200
Tutor

Hello and thx for your fast reply

V4.6.5.14 on the satellites

nope i didn't. i will do then. do i have to move them close to the RBR to do so?

i will try the speed test as you recommended and let u know the outcome

again thx

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

If they're hardwired in, you shouldn't need to move them close to sync them

Message 4 of 8
jozomi38200
Tutor

ok i made a reset of the 2 faulty ones and now it is back to normal. i brought them close to the router and did the pairing and all good.

i will then try to fix the issue of the slow speed and let u know what are the results

thx

Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

Glad that part worked!

Message 6 of 8
jozomi38200
Tutor

ok, i have did a test as follow

- i took all orbies and made a speed test connected with a cat7 cable to the satellites that were connected to the router. all giga lan

- i tested then all my rj45 in wall plug and all are giving giga lan (i renewed the house and used this Câbles Ethernet 10Gb CAT.6 A S/FTP
4P - 2x4P, LSOH-FR, 550MHz to make all ethernet plug). except 2 plugs that are giving me 100/10 instead of giga lan.

It can't be the cable that is used to build the network, it can't the cat7 cable i was using to make the test.

Therefore, is it possible that is the wiring in the wall plug itself could be the issue?

thx

Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

It could be the wall plug wiring. I've frequently seen those stripped poorly and cause one set not to connect properly. That drops the speed down to the 10/100mbps. 

hard part is figuring out which end caused it. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7