Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi WiFi 6 Dual-band Router(RBR350) : Satellite does reconnect after a power outage of 6 hours

mariosomma
Aspirant

Orbi WiFi 6 Dual-band Router(RBR350) : Satellite does reconnect after a power outage of 6 hours

Hi There,

I just purchased a RBR350 with a single satellite (I'll call this Sat 1).  All 2 devices are on the same firmware (V4.3.4.7_1.9.53).

My network home  (Router + Sat1) was working fine and I was pretty happy.

Last nigh the electrical power went down for up to 6 hours.

When the power has been restored, the Router came up and successfully connected to internet but the satellite Sat1 didn't connected to OBI Router. I tried many time to re-sync, etc..but with no luck.
So I had to move the Sat1 close to the Router and  1) reset the Sat1, then press the router's sync button , then press the Sat1 sync button and finally they sync up again.
I'm wondering , it is odd  each time I'll face with a power outage I have  move closer the Router and Sat1 and manually re-sync them.
Does someone has a experience about that scenario to share? I meant how to avoid any "manual" intervention?
Thx a lot in advance..

Ciao,,Mario.

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
vajim
Master

Re: Orbi WiFi 6 Dual-band Router(RBR350) : Satellite does reconnect after a power outage of 6 hours

@FURRYe38 wrote:

@mariosomma wrote:

Hi There,

Thx a lot for the reply..
 The mean distance between the router and satellite is closed to 16 feet. 16 feet is too close. 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

16 is NOT too close

MORE than 30 feet is too far

please check this with Netgear support

@Christian_R 

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

The RBS should auto re-sync if there was a power cycle. 

Message 2 of 10
mariosomma
Aspirant

Hi There,

The mean distance between the router and satellite is closed to 16 feet. 
But in order to have the to have the RBS discovered from the RBR I had to put the RBS  very close to the RBR (2 feet) and after a such a successfully discovery it seems the RBS is auto re-syncing in case of  a power cycle. 

Unfortunately from the orbilogin.com portal I can see the RBS has a Backhaul status set to "Poor". Please refer to the attached for details.
Indeed the devices attached to the RBS are experiencing a not good Wi-Fi covering signal (i.e, during a video conf call .. both the voice and the video are getting a lot of breaks.

Any suggestion , experience to share please...?

Thx a lot again..
Ciao.,,Mario.

Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

So the RBS will not re-sync unless it's 2 feet away from the RBR? 

If so, then the RBK system needs to be checked either by NG or returned and get another set. The RBS should re-sync automatically at greater distanced beyond 2 feet. 30 feet should work as well. 

Message 4 of 10
vajim
Master

Message 5 of 10
mariosomma
Aspirant

Hi FURRYe38,

Thx a lot for the reply and very useful information provided..

As I'm experiencing my RBS has a Backhaul status set to "Poor", mainly during the working hours and set to "Good" in the evening till the more morning, I'm wondering if there is a "tool" /way to discover what is creating a so strong interference to decrease the RBS's Backhaul signal.

Note : I already have changed the RBR 2.4Ghz channel .

Any suggestion , experience to share please...?

Thx a lot again..have a nice day.
Ciao.,,Mario.

Message 6 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

@mariosomma wrote:

Hi There,

The mean distance between the router and satellite is closed to 16 feet. 16 feet is too close. 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Message 7 of 10
vajim
Master

@FURRYe38 wrote:

@mariosomma wrote:

Hi There,

16 is NOT too close

MORE than 30 feet is too far

please check this with Netgear support

@Christian_R 

Message 8 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Were you able to get this working? We see you marked your thread as solved...Let us know what you did to solve it. 

Message 9 of 10
vajim
Master

Were you able to get this working?

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7