Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi and Modern Warfare Nat

BluntAttack
Aspirant

Orbi and Modern Warfare Nat

I have RBR750 with two satellites. Two Xbox Ones. Both always show Open Nat in the console settings. Both always show Moderate in Modern Warfare menu. My older Nighthawk will show Open in game, but Moderate on the second console. Which worked fine... most of the time. Upgraded to Orbi to get the WiFi speed - which is awesome BTW. But now can’t get one console or the other to ever show Open in game. Unplugging one console completely from power and network does nothing. Restarted everything 87 times. Opened NAT from Secure, turned on and off UPnP. Forwarded every port even possibly associated with Xbox and Modern Warfare to the reserved IP set to manual on Xbox. Tried the various DNS services all of which sucked the speed right off my 400m connection. I’m pretty sure NoIP is a scam... Turned off Armor. Unplugged everything over night. Did a dance in the front yard with network cables to please the powers that be. No dice. Both say moderate and it affects game chat - but not private Xbox party chat. Tried wireless and wired connects. Tried CAT 5, 5e, and 6 cables. Modem is just a modem, no routing capacity. Tried unplugging both satellites just to see. Firmware is current, something something .15.25. Never got to test the og firmware because it updated during install. Aside from this super huge pain, I’m in love with Orbi. But this is a deal breaker, my wife is addicted to Warzone and it’s a great “safer at home” pastime that keeps us from killing each other IRL. Ha. No but really, I really want to keep the Orbi, but I’d rather have slow WiFi sketchy than no Warzone with wife and friends. First world I know, but any idea no matter how strange would certainly make a married couples day! I’m happy to provide any more details, make a YouTube video, take some pics? Any reasonable favor? lol. I’d call tech support, but I’ve already unplugged my modem for 30 seconds and update the firmware(s)...
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi and Modern Warfare Nat

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Is is a known NAT issue with v15.25 and all prior versions of FW. I have filed a bug report on this.

Do you still have your prior router?

What is the model # of this NG router? 

Message 2 of 4
BluntAttack
Aspirant

The modem is “Spectrum E31T2V1“ and the NG is RBR750 with two satellites. No longer have the Nighthawk. The most recent version I had was the little black box mesh system. Which constantly lost connection on one of the satellites, so I returned it and got this Orbi. Which much much better, but apparently crushed by it’s less than great FW. Which sucks. Eero is a tinker toy as far as networking goes, but out of the box it did give open NAT in Modern Warfare, just laughable WiFi speeds. So it went back too. Apparently an open NAT is too big of an ask for modern routers. Ha. My old school 3 antenna AC Nighthawk was pretty perfect, except for its super short range. I’m happy to beta test any firmware or do pretty much anything to make this NAT issue go away - because the radios on this Orbi are really something and I really hope it can stay.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

I would make contact with a forum Moderator and ask about a beta that maybe available to you.

@Christian_R 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7