Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi app starts with cloud connection

ekhalil
Master

Orbi app starts with cloud connection

When starting Orbi app it always starts with the cloud connection (Anywhere Access). When it starts I can the go to the menu and change it to “Connect Locally”.
It didn’t use to be like that, it just started to do so recently. I have an RBK852 with additional RBS750.
Anyone else seeing the same behavior?
Message 1 of 5
vTurner2
Aspirant

When you press the Sync button, the LED on your Orbi satellite lights one of the following colors: Solid amber. We recommend placing your Orbi router and satellite closer to each other. Solid magenta. If the LED is solid magenta for 90-180 seconds, your router and satellite failed to sync. Solid blue.

greatpeople.me

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi App product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi App and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app

Others have reporting seeing this same thing. Maybe a new behavior that NG is putting out there since the Remote Management feature and it's advanced configuration has been replaced with something different. 

Good Luck.

Message 3 of 5
striker69
Star

Yes I Noticed That Also, Starts With Cloud Connection, Didn't Used To.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Well I connected my 8 series back online as main host system and had been locally connected all weekend. I'm at work now and Orbi app on iPhone doesn't seem to see the 8 series system thought it as Web Management enabled in the app when I last checked it this weekend. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7