Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi ax additional sattelites? RBR850

Tcrus
Luminary

Orbi ax additional sattelites? RBR850

Currently have rbr850 and need an additional sattelite for full coverage of my home, where can I purchase an additional satellite?

Message 1 of 23

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

they've been going in and out of stock quickly.

Watch this site. right now its saying coming soon but there's been some popping up on there. 

https://www.netgear.com/orbi/rbs850.aspx

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 23

All Replies
plemans
Guru

they've been going in and out of stock quickly.

Watch this site. right now its saying coming soon but there's been some popping up on there. 

https://www.netgear.com/orbi/rbs850.aspx

Message 2 of 23
Mikey94025
Hero

Agree, I purchased two RBS850 satellites from the Netgear store website, one on March 24 and the other April 4.  I keep checking that page for availability.  Hint: Use the 10% coupon code they offer for signing up for Netgear communications.

Message 3 of 23
skeelo
Luminary

Is there any info on the max number of satellites that can be added to the RBR852 system?  I have not found anything and am running two (the one that came with the router and an additional I bought with my original purchase) but would like to add one or two more.

Message 4 of 23
KKSigs
Guide

I have the RBR 853 with one extra satellite, so running 3 total satellites without any issues. If like the AC series you may be able to run 4-6 satellites without issues.
I also got my extra satellite from netgear and used the 10% code.
Message 5 of 23
FURRYe38
Guru

Has been any offical word from NG on what they support. Others in the Orbi AC forum have posted 6-9 RBS connecterd to one RBR. Something users will have to try to see how many. If users seem to run into problems after setting up the last RBS, then you maybe hitting a max limit with the RBR. 

@skeelo wrote:

Is there any info on the max number of satellites that can be added to the RBR852 system?  I have not found anything and am running two (the one that came with the router and an additional I bought with my original purchase) but would like to add one or two more.

Message 6 of 23
Tcrus
Luminary

Finally got a pre prder, thanks for the info. Took over a month of stalking site. Kind of spendy for one add on!

Message 7 of 23
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you found one. Good Luck. 

Message 8 of 23
Tcrus
Luminary

Any idea why my purchase is still pending for an add on sattelite? Has been over 2 weeks.

DATE ORDERED: 5/21/2020 9:24:58 PM

ORDER STATUS:Pending

Message 9 of 23
skeelo
Luminary

Having purchased another satellite myself at the same time as you I can tell you the add ons will not ship until June 11 ( unless that has changed from when I ordered mine).

I suspect your order is listed as pending since the item has not shipped.
Message 10 of 23
Mikey94025
Hero

I can't say this is the same reason, but some of my orders from other online retailers are delayed because the Covid business has slowed their warehouse staffing and delivery systems.  Unlike large retailers like Amazon, these smaller business are taking longer to optimize their backend systems and protect their employees to operate in this new environment.  Remember that product delivery actually requires touching things and cannot be done by WFH employees.  🙂

Message 11 of 23
Tcrus
Luminary

Going on a month and still pending, Netgear have a number I can call to cancel this order. I just cant wait anymore

DATE ORDERED: 5/21/2020

Message 12 of 23
FURRYe38
Guru

Things are probably delayed due to current worldly events. Something to be patient with. 

@Tcrus wrote:

Going on a month and still pending, Netgear have a number I can call to cancel this order. I just cant wait anymore

DATE ORDERED: 5/21/2020

Message 13 of 23
Tcrus
Luminary

There telling me it was a pre order yet when I purchased it said nothing aboput a pre order. I like to say Im pateint but if it shipped today it would be over a month (and its not shipping today). In chat the there saying they cant refund the purchase until I get it and return it. I am assuming they will make me pay a restocking fee and return shipping. Seems like a lot of smoke and mirrors regarding this purchase and at some point you need to move on. Guess I will wait and see what happens. Thanks

Message 14 of 23
FURRYe38
Guru

How badly are you in need of a RBS? 

Is the currnent system not working? Is there dead spots for something your having problems with? 

Message 15 of 23
skeelo
Luminary

Also about a month out from my satellite order for my home and separate RBK852 order for our cabin  Saw that my Cc was charged and I received an email that my order was being prepared to ship.  Called to cancel the RBK852 prior to shipping since we ended up going a different route since we couldn't wait.  When working from the cabin with my wife and I working and both kids elearning - the old Nighthawk just couldn't handle the devices and traffic.

A few things:

- Wait time to speak with a rep was 1 hour and 31 minutes, so be prepared to wait.

- Could not cancel the order prior to shipping, needed to receive the order and follow-up for an RMA after received.

- Thankfully a ticket was opened for "order cancellation" so once I receive the item I should be able to handle the RMA and prepaid return all via email

- I do not expect any restocking fees - per the returns language on the website you have 30 days to return.  Also expecting a prepaid shipping label (shipping and returns on Netgear's website: https://store.netgear.com/shipping-and-returns.html?lang=en_US)

Separately, was told to use the store@netgear.com email address for communications.  Not sure if you'll get a speedy response but will certainly beat waiting 1 hour and 31 minutes to speak to a rep.

Good luck.

Message 16 of 23
Tcrus
Luminary

Still waiting for my order. Going on 40 days and order is still pending.......... Of course they charged me but have yet to deliver any information on status

Message 17 of 23
skeelo
Luminary

I had a similar issue and followed up on the additional satellite ordered after seeing a charge at the end of may and no product for nearly a month.  From what I was told, satellites were supposed to be in June 11 but were delayed (no idea why) and the new warehouse arrival date was between June 28th-30th.

The lack of proactive communication is certainly frustrating and I would expect a technology company to have simple comms in the bag.  Thankfully I have a working system and the added satellite is for additional coverage.

FWIW, the chat support feature was painless compared to the 1.5 hours I spent on hold waiting to speak with a representative previously.

Message 18 of 23
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Tcrus

Allow us to assist you. Please send me a private message with the order number or reference number by clicking on this link

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 19 of 23

My preorder from Netgear from the end of May finally shipped. Should be here in a few days.
Message 20 of 23
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. 

Message 21 of 23
Tcrus
Luminary

I got an email confirming shipping, at least its finally coming. Thanks

Message 22 of 23
FURRYe38