Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi blocking access to service hosted on a bridged IP (RBR750)

AxeBro
Aspirant

Orbi blocking access to service hosted on a bridged IP (RBR750)

I have two IPs from my ISP delivered to a gateway.

Port 1 on the gateway is connected to my Orbi RBR750

Port 2 on the gateway is connected to another brand router. 

Port 1 on bridge mode from the gateway. This means that Orbi is directly connected to the Internet - no double-NAT. 

Port 2 is double-NAT. On ISP account, I set the requisite ports to forward to the other brand router. On that router's UI, I forward to the appropriate devices behind that LAN.

There's a webiste that's hosted on a device on Port 2. The website is accessible from the internet at large, by anyone, anywhere. EXCEPT me, when I'm connected to my Orbi RBR750. 

The gateway from ISP has it's own WiFi - when I connect to that, I can access the website. 

To compound this further - it used to work fine with my older Orbi (RBR50) . And perhaps even with the RBR750, before I enabled guest wifi, or activated Armor by opening the mobile app. Not sure when it stopped working.

It's not a DNS issue, because NSLOOKUP returns the right IP. 

I need to be able to access that website while connected to Orbi. Where do I begin to fix this?

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Probably need to have what ever it is on Port #2 connected to the Orbi router. Maybe your ISP Modem is having two separate IP addreses that are not on the same network. Or set the modem back to router mode and configure the Orbi for AP Mode, then you'll be on the same network is the modem would be the main host router. 

I'd contact the ISP provider about the modem configuration to see of they can help on that. 

Message 2 of 4
AxeBro
Aspirant

Thanks - I appreciate the reply. It's really on Orbi end - the previous Orbi did exactly what I wanted. 

I might have to run WireShark in a VM to see what exactly is happening. Basically the ONLY place I can't access that site, is from the AP on the Orbi. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Possible differences between the two Orbi systems. Let us know what you find out. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7