Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi can't daisychain

SamBeee
Follower

Orbi can't daisychain

How do I put my new RBK353 Orbi Dual Band kit into daisy-chain mode? I need to chain my router and two satelites in a 'R-S-S' daisychain configuration in the stairwell of a three-story house.

In the settings at http://192.168.1.1/adv_index.htm , I can go to Advanced > Advanced Setup > Wireless Settings , and see a heading called 'Backhaul Topology' which looked promising, but there is no checkbox or anything under that heading. The section is just empty.

Does my model actually support daisychaining? Would I need to get the next model up or something?

Model: Dual Band
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi can't daisychain

Daisy Chain maybe automatic on your model orbi. It is on Orbi 7 and 8 series systems. 

If you place yoru RBS out in a line from the RBR, 30 feet is starting recommendation distance. Have the RBS turned OFF. When the RBR is online and ready, turn on the 1st RBS thats nearest the RBR. Let it come to ready. Check it's status using the Orbi app. It should appear online and connected. Now turn ON the 2nd farthest RBS from the RBR. Let it sync and come to ready, i'd give it 3-5 minutes for it to settle in. Check the Orbi app again. The configuration on the network map should disaplay the RBR, then RBS then the 2nd RBS connected to the 1st RBS out in a line from the RBR. The 2nd RBS should not be connected to the RBR. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7