Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi connected but no internet

jbell0912
Aspirant

Orbi connected but no internet

I recently purchased an Orbi AX 4200 RBK 752 router. It has one satelittle. During setup I can go thru the hole process but when it gets to the end it will not check for new firmare because it is not broadcasting internet. I have tried thru the APP and thru a wired connection with my computer and cannot get internet. My modem is a verizon 4G LTE modem and I have it hooked up to a TP Link router and that works fine. You cannot enable bridge mode so I have diabled the 5 GHZ and 2.4 GHZ wifi connections. There are no wifi connections coming from the modem. Can anyone tell me why it will not broadcast internet? Do I need to change a setting or something? I returned the first one I bought thinking it was defective but this one is doing the same. Tech support has not been much help. 

Message 1 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Your ISP Modem already has a built in router and wifi. This would be a double NAT (two router) condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

Try option #3...

Message 2 of 13
jbell0912
Aspirant

I tried that with no success. One of the tech support people had me do that.

Message 3 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

So is the RBR connected at the modem or at the TPLink router? 

For AP mode, the RBR should be connected at the modem with built in router I believe...

Be sure the RBR is connected with the LAN cable on it's YELLOW Internet port in back. 

Possible there is a configuration issue between the RBR and your modem or your other router. The TP-Link should not be needed. 

Message 4 of 13
jbell0912
Aspirant

TP Link is completely removed from the system. I bought the Orbi to replace the TP. It is def connected with a Lan cable in the yellow port.

Message 5 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Does the RBR show any connection status on its web page at 192.168.1.1 with a wired PC connected to the RBR? 

Message 6 of 13
jbell0912
Aspirant

When using that IP Address I get the log in page to my Verizion modem not the RBR.

Message 7 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok so that tells me that the RBRs default 192.168.1.1 has changed maybe to something else or it's in conflict with what the modems using. They can't use the same address. Power OFF the RBR and disconnect the RBR from the modem. Power ON the modem leaving a wired PC connected to the RBR, can you log into the RBRs web page at 192.168.1.1? 

Can you check your PCs networking status and address on the PC to see what IP address the PC gets from the RBR? 

Message 8 of 13
jbell0912
Aspirant

I will check that as soon as I get home. It does say in the setup that the RBR changed its IP to 10.0.0.1 to avoid conflict.

Message 9 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

It should if it detects the in front modem or router also uses 192.186.1.1...

If you can log into the RBR with out it connected to the modem, you can manually change the 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.0.1, then connect the RBR to the modem...Check the connection status on the Basic Tab on the RBRs web page...or look at the Advanced Tab page and Internet section, should display an IP address the RBR is getting from the modem...

Message 10 of 13
jbell0912
Aspirant

I changed the Ip address, tried AP mode. Nothing works.

Message 11 of 13
devdeep
Guide

Did you try a factory reset and start from scratch?

Message 12 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes try a reset and walk thru the setup wizard on the RBR with a PC and web browser...

Any family, a friend or nieghbor that can help you on this? 

@jbell0912 wrote:

I changed the Ip address, tried AP mode. Nothing works.

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7