Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi router Rbr750 won’t connect to Internet

Jdc84
Follower

Orbi router Rbr750 won’t connect to Internet

Router has been working great until today. Suddenly just stopped connecting to the internet (I’m staring at the purple light). I’ve tried rebooting, disconnecting and then reconnecting to the modem with the Ethernet cable… the Frimware is up to date (4.6.3.7). Out of ideas. Could this be a hardware issue?
Message 1 of 4

Re: Orbi router Rbr750 won’t connect to Internet

It might help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

It may help to reboot the whole network in the right order.

• Turn off and unplug modem.
  • Turn off router and computers.
  • Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on computers and rest of network.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Orbi - NETGEAR Communities

The set up and management of Orbi hardware differs greatly from other devices. If you look at the top of this section is clearly says General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk & Non-Orbi).

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@Jdc84 wrote:
Router has been working great until today. Suddenly just stopped connecting to the internet (I’m staring at the purple light). I’ve tried rebooting, disconnecting and then reconnecting to the modem with the Ethernet cable… the Frimware is up to date (4.6.3.7). Out of ideas. Could this be a hardware issue?

Message 3 of 4
raven_au
Virtuoso

@michaelkenward wrote:

It may help to reboot the whole network in the right order.

• Turn off and unplug modem.
  • Turn off router and computers.
  • Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on computers and rest of network.

I have noticed the RBR850 internet can stop working sometimes.

For me I have found that when it haapens disconnecting the cable from the modem

for 5 minutes (it may be less but I have sometimes missed it at around three minutes).

It may just be my router, modem or ISP, not sure, but that is what I have seen myself.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7