Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi shutting down with high downloads (orbi RBR750)

NirOnE
Guide

Orbi shutting down with high downloads (orbi RBR750)

Hello everyone, 

I have a strange issue with my orbi router.

Setup : Comcast modem (bridge mode) - Orbi router (with 2 sattelites) - Computer (windows/linux) connected with cable.

Orbi firmware : V4.6.3.7_2.0.49 / SSID and password changed for the WIFI settings.

Everything works well until I am updating big games (example here Call of Duty Warzone)

Download and Ping 

Capture.PNG

1 minute into the download, the whole system crash (no internet), and impossible to connect/ping the router. 

ping.JPG

The orbi light goes to purple and the internet never comes back until I reboot the router. 

I checked the comcast modem, no problem there, so the issue only seems to come from the orbi. 

Do you know where it is coming from or if I can fix that issue through the settings ?

thank you for the help!

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi shutting down with high downloads (orbi RBR750)

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi shutting down with high downloads (orbi RBR750)

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7