Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi speed issue

PanchoB
Follower

Orbi speed issue

My setup now has the RBR750 router, directly off my Comcast modem. I have 3 satellites throughout the house, one of which is hardwired via CAT-5 to the main router. Off the satellite, I have a Cat-5 to a switch, and my AppleTV, smart TV, and PS4, all hardliners. When everything is fresh off a restart, I get the full speed(approx 800mbs) at the hardwired satellite. After a few days, that drops down to maybe 100mbs, on a good day. Why does it go full blast at first, then start dropping off?
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi speed issue

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

Is the one RBS directly connected via ethernet to the back of the RBR or is there a LAN switch or wall outlet in between? 

For ethernet cabling CAT 6 is recommended. CAT5 only supports 100Mpbs and would be limiting on wired performances. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7