Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi speed test

Jjersey63
Apprentice

Orbi speed test

I had an Orbi RBR750 and there was a speed test within the app - I now have an Orbi RBR760 but there is no speed test anymore.  Did I miss something?

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi speed test

I'm not very trusting of the built in speedtest as it rarely picks the best server. I'd just use a hardwired pc/laptop to test the speeds. 

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Not seen under QoS or Speedtest on the RBR? 

It's possible that NG removed it and it's only seen on the Orbi app. NG seems to be removing what maybe now used on the Orbi app. Remote Management is gone from Orbi systems. I guess onboard will be headed that way as well. 

Message 3 of 6
Jjersey63
Apprentice

No, there is no speed test.  I never used it as the gospel but it was a ballpark estimate of my download and upload speeds.

Message 4 of 6
SeaRefractor
Apprentice

Speedtest is still on the RBK753 that I own, but it's not accurate.    It's supposedly a version of Speedtest by Okla, but isn't matching up.

For example, I have 940Mbps UP and DOWN as I've 1Gbps fiber optic service.     From the Orbi, it would show half of the upload speeds possible.   Connecting my laptop via ethernet and running the test from the Speedtest website showed the correct performance both download and upload speeds.

The built-in test was never accurate for the upload speed.  Using your computer connected by ethernet will provide an accurate reading.

I suspect customers were confused by that result and thought the Orbi was somehow limiting their performance (rather than the test simply being inaccurate).   Besides the best test is from your computer.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds like NG did away with it since speed testing hasn't really been the greatest on board routers. Ya I don't use onboard as gospel either. Wired PC first and foremost. 

Thanks for letting us know. 

@Jjersey63 wrote:

No, there is no speed test.  I never used it as the gospel but it was a ballpark estimate of my download and upload speeds.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7