Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi wifi 6 system add on points not working

SweetPizza
Aspirant

Orbi wifi 6 system add on points not working

Hello! I recently got the orbi wifi 6 system. It is great but needed more coverage. I got the first ones from Costco and it was a 3 pack. So when I needed more coverage, I got the same pack from Costco. But when I tried setting them up, they did not work. I wanted all of them to be on the same orbi network. I tried adding just one satellite to the original system at first and it did not add. Then I tried connecting the second router that came in the box with the second system, hard-wired to the original orbi router, and hen set up the satellites and it worked. But it is now two different networks and cant access the printer that's on the first system. Please help. Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 9
schumaku
Guru

Either add only the satellites from the second kit to the first set-up (preferred), or set-up the second kit in Access Point mode.

Message 2 of 9
SweetPizza
Aspirant

Hi, I have tried both ways and they both don't work. The satellites don't show up either if I connect them only to the first setup. If I turn on the ap mode, the first orbi router turns into ap mode as well. Please Help! Thank you in advance.

Message 3 of 9
schumaku
Guru

@SweetPizza wrote:

The satellites don't show up either if I connect them only to the first setup.

Challenge Netgear support. It must be possible to add more satellites to the first system base in router mode. Needless to say, you can't use the router/base from the second kit in this set-up.

@SweetPizza wrote:

If I turn on the ap mode, the first orbi router turns into ap mode as well.

Does not make sense to me - these are two dedicated management environments, how should the first unit be re-configured if the second one is connected as AP? ... unless I'm missing something very basic.

Message 4 of 9
SweetPizza
Aspirant

This is strange beucse when you log in to the orbilogin.com,the ap mode shows resetting both. So i tried connecting just the satellites again to the original system and doesn't work. I might be doing something wrong. Could you explain me the steps of hoe to connect the satellites to the original system? 

Message 5 of 9
schumaku
Guru

orbilogin.com does only connect to one "kit" resp it's router/base station isn't it?

Remove the second router/base from the network, then follow -> How do I connect a satellite to my Orbi router? 

Message 6 of 9
SweetPizza
Aspirant

So thank you so far by the way. But the steps you have shown just don't work for me. 

In the last week, I have tried like 15 times, and they just don't work, I don't know if I have a defective set or what. I don't know what else to try. I have tried resetting them as well but no luck. 

Message 7 of 9
SweetPizza
Aspirant

Anybody else have any ideas?

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

I would do this, Take each RBS and add it to the RBR, one at a time. Turning the RBS back off after each sync to make sure each RBS is working with the RBR. 

Then afterwards, start adding each RBS one at a time. 

I'n seen posts that having more than 3 RBS connected doesn't seem to work right...

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7