Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi5700 - Wired ethernet issues

Wisconsinguy
Follower

Orbi5700 - Wired ethernet issues

Hello,

I recently purchased this mesh system and set up bridge mode with wb210modem/router from att.

I disabled all wifi on my uverse router and enabled pass through.

I plugged my HP laserjet 2420 printer directly to the orbi router.

The printer shows in my device list on my orbi app however when trying to print it keeps stating that it is unable to locate the printer.

I run both mac and PC and neither is able to print at this point.

I re installed the drivers and no luck.

any suggestions?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi5700 - Wired ethernet issues

Congratulations (I guess) on purchasing one of Netgear's newest WiFi 6 products, the Orbi "AX" serier.

There is a community forum set up expecially for these products here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax 

You may find that the volunteers who watch that forum have direct experience with the AX product, whereas those of us who watch this forum are more familiar with the WiFi 5 "residential" Orbi product.  Might get a more informed response by posting in that forum.

Just as an initial observation, your network has to have at least one router.  If the ISP device is in "passthrough"  mode and the Orbi is in "Access Point" (AP) mode (as far as I am aware, Orbi does not have a "bridge" mode), then you have NO routers.  Nothing will work.

Perhaps I misunderstood.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure your printer drivers are up to date. 

Be sure your drivers are pointed to the correct IP address for the printer. 

Please contact the printers Mfr for additional help and information on connecting and printing to there printer. 

@Wisconsinguy wrote:

Hello,

I recently purchased this mesh system and set up bridge mode with wb210modem/router from att.

I disabled all wifi on my uverse router and enabled pass through.

I plugged my HP laserjet 2420 printer directly to the orbi router.

The printer shows in my device list on my orbi app however when trying to print it keeps stating that it is unable to locate the printer.

I run both mac and PC and neither is able to print at this point.

I re installed the drivers and no luck.

any suggestions?

Thanks

Message 3 of 5
Bandito
Luminary

Do you know if the printer has a fixed IP address or is it set up to obtain its IP address via DHCP?  If it has a fixed IP address from your previous network, it may not be discoverable by your clients via the Orbi's network.

On the Mac, if you go into Preferences and then Printers, does the printer show up as available there?  If so, install it and try printing to it that way.  If it doesn't show up as available, then there is something that is preventing it from being discoverable on the network and that takes us back to how it's obtaining it's IP address.

Message 4 of 5
Mikey94025
Hero

@Bandito wrote:

Do you know if the printer has a fixed IP address or is it set up to obtain its IP address via DHCP?  If it has a fixed IP address from your previous network, it may not be discoverable by your clients via the Orbi's network.

Agree -- The OP's Windows and Mac laptops probably think the printer is at the old IP address, but it has a new one on your new Orbi network.  Just delete the old printer devices and add it again.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7