Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi6 AX6000 - Not connecting as a star network - both satellites hard wired back haul

LLDUSA
Aspirant

Orbi6 AX6000 - Not connecting as a star network - both satellites hard wired back haul

I have  an Orbi WiFi 6 Router AX6000 system.

Both satellites are hardwired backhaul to the RBR850.

For some reason - they are no longer set-up in a Star Network and now one of the satellites keeps diasy chaining through the other satellite.

How do I get the system back in a Star Network set-up - so both satellies are  connected to the RBR850 router!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 30

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi6 AX6000 - Not connecting as a star network - both satellites hard wired back haul

There we go. 

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

View solution in original post

Message 30 of 30

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi6 AX6000 - Not connecting as a star network - both satellites hard wired back haul

You have both satellites hardwired into the router? 
What is telling you its in a daisy chain setup? 

And if its hardwired, even if its daisy chained, it should still perform the same because its all going through the ethernet connection

Message 2 of 30
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya Daisy Chain is only over wireless connections, not wired. 

Message 3 of 30
LLDUSA
Aspirant

Yes - thanks - both satellites are hardwired back into the RBR850.  I find it strange that now one of the satellites (although both being hardwored back into the RBR850) show going through the other satellite.  It always was set-up as a Star network.

Thanks in advance for your help!

This is from the RBR850This is from the RBR850This is from the Orbi6 AppThis is from the Orbi6 App

Message 4 of 30
plemans
Guru

Photos have to be approved by a moderator. And it can take a while. 

If you click on "choose file" and attach them individually, we can see them right away. 

Message 5 of 30
LLDUSA
Aspirant

Message 6 of 30
LLDUSA
Aspirant

Message 7 of 30
FURRYe38
Guru

How are the RBS connected to the RBR via ethernet? Directly behind the RBR or is there a LAN swtich in between? 

Is the farther RBS ethernet connected to the nearest RBS on it's LAN port? 

Message 8 of 30
plemans
Guru

Might just be how the app is displaying it since the GUI is showing wired and since the app is showing the solid line, its showing at wired. 

Message 9 of 30
FURRYe38
Guru

Should show star formation when for ethernet if the RBS are each connected to the RBR. I presume if one RBS is ethernet connected to the other RBS, then ya, will now in a line. 

Message 10 of 30
LLDUSA
Aspirant

Both satellites are physically hardwired by ethernet directly to the RBR850 (router).

Always was a star set-up - now show daisy - werid.

Message 11 of 30
plemans
Guru

it shouldn't impact performance. 

Any other devices or OS's you can check it in the app (android vs iOS)

Message 12 of 30
LLDUSA
Aspirant

Really appreciate everyone helping on this.

No other OSs at the moment.

I just find it stranged that in the router it shows both satellites wired and backhaul status good - but only one showing Connected Orbi.

Could it be an issue with the most recent firmware update?

Or is it a sync issue?

Or does it not really matter?

Thanks again - REALLY appreciate everyone's thoughts.

Message 13 of 30
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you remove the Orbi app and re-install it? 

Are both RBS FW version same as whats loaded on the RBR? 

Message 14 of 30

You cannot thrust the Orbi App either. Mine is **bleep**ed up as well and among other showing wired devices as wifi connected and the other way arround, others are not shown at all even though the are actively connected.

Not only have NG serious issues with their FW at the moment and over the past year - also their App are unreliable. 

Message 15 of 30
LLDUSA
Aspirant

Yes - the RBR and both RBSs are on the latest FW.  They match.

What is strange - is when logged into the router - the Connected Satellites show both wired with "good" Backhaul Status.  Yet only on has a listing under the Connected Orbi column.

I do not think it is the app.

Thanks again.

Message 16 of 30
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you turn OFF the 1 RBS that shows connected to the RBR. Give the web page and orbi app about 5 minutes to update.

Message 17 of 30
LLDUSA
Aspirant

I unplugged the RBS that showed connected to the RBR.

That RBS now shows purple - and the remaining satellite still shows connecting through it.

See attachment.

Message 18 of 30
LLDUSA
Aspirant

Also a snapshot from inside the RBR - attached.

Message 19 of 30
FURRYe38
Guru

Very Odd. 

Ok, try this, disconnect the RBS thats turned OFF from the RBRs ethernet port. 

Select the Disconnect button for the 1 RBS thats turned OFF on the RBRs web page to remove it. Will get this added later. 

Power OFF both RBR and farthest RBS for 5 minutes, then back on with the RBR first then farthest RBS...

Message 20 of 30
LLDUSA
Aspirant

Will - to be clear - the one that is the farthest - even know they are both connected via ethernet?

Thanks.

Message 21 of 30
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes. 

Trying to see if the farthest RBS can show on RBR correctly connected. It should show connected to the RBR and not a blank spot...

Can to be sure, each one of the RBS is directly connected to the back of the RBR. 

Let us know what you see after removing the nearest RBS from the RBRs web page and powering OFF the RBR and farthest RBS then back ON. 

Message 22 of 30
LLDUSA
Aspirant

Ok - done.

RBR is back up and the one fartheset is connected - see attached.

Message 23 of 30
LLDUSA
Aspirant

And App...

Message 24 of 30
LLDUSA
Aspirant

When should I try and add back the second RBS and what is the process?

Message 25 of 30
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 29 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7