Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbie RBS850 blocking some websites including amazon app on ios?

vardo
Aspirant

Orbie RBS850 blocking some websites including amazon app on ios?

My router for some reason blocks access to certain websites on ios and on windows. As soon as i turn off wifi and use data I can access website. The weird part is that it only does it some times. This also includes apps like amazon. I have tried changing DNS to cloud flare and google but still happens. I contacted support before my warranty was up and thought it was fix but it keeps happening. These are the steps support made me try after reflashing firmware.

1.) Click Basic > Wireless.

2.) Change the 2.4 GHz channel from Auto to Channel 6.

3.) Set the 5 GHz to the highest channel.

4.) Click Apply to save the settings.

5.) Click Advanced > Advanced Setup (Next to Administration) > Wireless Settings.

6.) Change the CTS/RTS Threshold on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz to 2347. ( I think they were both 64 before not sure tho)

7.) Click Apply to save the settings

Unfortunatly those worked steps worked for a day and now I still have the same issue. Please help

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

You can do a factory reset on the RBR and setup from scratch. Be sure to not enable Armor this time. Turn OFF the RBS. 

I'd power OFF the SAT modem if you can for 1 miniute while the RBR reboots from the reset when you do this. Press the reset button in back for 15 seconds then release. Walk thru the setup wizard. Skip adding the RBS. Set up same SSID name and PW as used before. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Message 2 of 8
vardo
Aspirant

im on Firmware Version V3.2.18.1_1.4.14

I don't have a modem, My connection comes is the  house via ethernet from a little satelite outside. I've called my ISP and they said its nothing on their end.

I do have 30 feet between my RBR and RBS and have solid wifi everywhere on my property if only I could access all websites and apps?

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too? There a router at the satellite ISP service point by chance? Who is your ISP serivce? 

Is Armor enabled on the RBR or Orbi app? 

Message 4 of 8
vardo
Aspirant

Armor is not enabled, now that you mention it, while I had the free trial everything seemed to work fine. Ever since armor trial expired i think maybe around the same time the problem started? is there something I could change to remedy that?

As far as my modem goes I was only able to get model number etc off the satelite outside as there is no other device between my router and it.

Here is a link to the actual satelite I have https://www.cambiumnetworks.com/?s=force+180

its called 5ghz force 180 model C050900P171A and my ISP is called wave direct

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

You can do a factory reset on the RBR and setup from scratch. Be sure to not enable Armor this time. Turn OFF the RBS. 

I'd power OFF the SAT modem if you can for 1 miniute while the RBR reboots from the reset when you do this. Press the reset button in back for 15 seconds then release. Walk thru the setup wizard. Skip adding the RBS. Set up same SSID name and PW as used before. 

Message 6 of 8
vardo
Aspirant

Ok the factory reset looks like it worked. Thank you for your time!

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7