Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbilogin.com/net "Refused to Connect"

discgolf01
Tutor

Orbilogin.com/net "Refused to Connect"

Hi All,

Orbi RBR750, 2 satellites

Nighthawk CM1100 modem

Issue:  Has been working fine since mid January up until last week.  When trying to connect to admin page, using either orbilogin.com, orbilogin.net, or 192.168.1.1, I get the following error:  "refused to connect" so cannot make any router changes. This happens both on ethernet plugged directly into Orbi and when PC is on WiFi.  Internet and WiFi still work without any performance issues.  I had the Orbi app on phone, it would give me the "you're not on the Orbi network" message so can't do anything there either.  I've since uninstalled it to make sure that is not the issue.

I do not know if my Orbi is set up to do FW updates automatically.

Troubleshooting so far:

Ipconfig shows:

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.21
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

At the command prompt, I can ping 192.168.1.1 and get this:

Pinging 192.168.1.1 with 32 bytes of data
Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.1:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

I've tried multiple reboots of the PC, modem, and router with no change.  Cleared Chrome of cookies and browsing history multiple times.  Same issues when using Edge (I've never used Edge to login to Orbi before, so no previous history there).

I did discover that I've had a VPN (Norton) on for a long time without knowing - I turned that off with PC, modem, router reboots, no change.  I temp disabled all Norton products (Firewall, browser protection, etc) - no change, still refusing to connect.

I would do a factory reset of Orbi, but I am afraid if this is something inside Orbi, it will still be present on factory reset and I still won't be able to get into orbilogin.com to do a new set up, thereby leaving me with no internet.  So its a last resort.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbilogin.com/net "Refused to Connect"

Message 2 of 4
discgolf01
Tutor

Thank you for the quick reply.  Frustrating to see Netgear's answer is a factory reset, was trying to avoid that as I had a lot of customizing done and a decently old back up settings file (I know, my fault).  Maybe I'll let it go for a while to see if they push anything out and it starts working without a factory reset.  Arrrgh.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Might contact NG support and see if they can help with out a reset.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7