Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbo AX4200 (RBR750) - connection strenght

Rudolphy
Apprentice

Orbo AX4200 (RBR750) - connection strenght

Hello dear forum,

Since I now have one or the other ax-capable device, I switched to the AX version RBK750 after three years of Orbi RBK50. I operate the devices in AP mode. In AP mode, you can hardly make any settings for the WLAN with the AX firmware, since most of it is defined via the AX standard itself. In the beginning, I was very dissatisfied with the connection strengths of my end devices in the 5 GHZ network and barely got above 500 mbit/s.

Now, after the Orbi has been running continuously for 2 days, I suddenly have 866 mbit on all ac devices and 1201 mbit on all ax devices, although no other changes were made and no other possibly interfering networks disappeared.

My question: Does an AX system need a few days to learn which traffic is shown by which device and then adjust beamforming, MIMU etc. itself?

I ask because I am afraid to fall back into the previous traffic jam with the bad connection strengths 🙂

Thanks for your opinions

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbo AX4200 (RBR750) - connection strenght

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Message 2 of 3
Rudolphy
Apprentice

Re: Orbo AX4200 (RBR750) - connection strenght

Thanks for your feedback. It is not about what the optimal settings are, I have made enough experience from the last three years with my RBR 50.It's really about whether in the AX series, since you can make there in AP mode hardly WLAN settings, The system first time long necessary to analyze the connected devices, traffic, and so on, to then make the optimal utilization. So it seemed to me in any case. Or was it a coincidence that the connection strengths improved across all devices, while the external conditions remained the same.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7