Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Parental controls on RBR850

rr20552
Apprentice

Parental controls on RBR850

Hi,

I have just received the following reply from NG via Twitter

Hi , thank you for reaching out. The reason why Parental Control is not available yet in Orbi 6 is because we will be releasing our own Parental control. You may check the link below:

https://www.netgear.com/home/services/smart-parental-controls/
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Parental controls on RBR850

Thanks for letting us know. 

Message 2 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 3 of 8
Bschoenbaum
Initiate

Seems ridiculous it’s taking Netgear this long to get foundational parental controls on its best high speed mesh system. Frankly it’s like giving the keys to the a Ferrari to your 12 year old kid. I’m love the connectivity but I’m so disappointed in a year of the pandemic to not have had strong parental controls. Based on the packaging when I purchased the RBR it certainly appeared they had parental control options, I’m now considering abandoning the router for an alternative as Netgear can’t get it together.
Message 4 of 8
ESciullo
Initiate

I am very disappointed with how Netgear is handling there product support. In Canada I paid approx $900 for the router and the 1 satellite.. The performance is good, but there is NO parental controlls. When I called support they told me to return it if I didnt like it.. I would if I could but it is past the 30days and Amazon will no longer support the return of the product and there is no way I am going to buy another router one.

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Which Orbi model do you have? 7 or 8 series. 

NG said PC is forth coming to Orbi AX. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/Parental-Controls-missing-on-RBR850/...

@ESciullo wrote:

I am very disappointed with how Netgear is handling there product support. In Canada I paid approx $900 for the router and the 1 satellite.. The performance is good, but there is NO parental controlls. When I called support they told me to return it if I didnt like it.. I would if I could but it is past the 30days and Amazon will no longer support the return of the product and there is no way I am going to buy another router one.

Message 6 of 8
LadySapphy
Guide

Also disapointed in the lack of PC on the 850.  Had ther RBR50 for years, died last saturday,  Had to make a call on the replacement without being able to do much research.  Had like the RBR50 so I ponied up and payed the rediculus price for the 850.  I am so disapointed.  

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/Parental-Controls-missing-on-RBR850/...

@LadySapphy wrote:

Also disapointed in the lack of PC on the 850.  Had ther RBR50 for years, died last saturday,  Had to make a call on the replacement without being able to do much research.  Had like the RBR50 so I ponied up and payed the rediculus price for the 850.  I am so disapointed.  

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7