Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Pathetic Router & Extremely unreliable support team - Orbi RBS752

jmath
Follower

Pathetic Router & Extremely unreliable support team - Orbi RBS752

I purchased Orbi RBS 752  (1 router + 2 satellites). The main router & 1 satellite is kept in Ground Floor and the 2nd Satellite is kept in the 1st floor.

The speed and signal strength of the 2nd satellites is excellent, but the satellite keeps disconnecting every day when there are concurrent users on video conferencing.

I approached the support team yesterday and they asked me to upgrade to the version RBK752/RBS750-V4.6.3.7_2.0.49 (which happens to be the version already installed) and do a factory reset. I did try to explain the support person that it wouldn’t make a difference as the new version being is of the the same version which is already installed on the satellite. They would'nt listen, I did the manual upgrade and the factory reset and the same problem persist !

I approached them today again, been in call with them for 1 hr 30 min. The support person did not have a clue of my previous ticket and  he asked to do perform some random trial and errors.

I checked the community and other blogs and this issue seems to persist for a lot of customers since  they released the new firmware more than a quarter ago and Netgear seems to have taken no action for this all this while !!!

They should have communicated proactively to the customers and recalled this device or released fixes on time !!!

I paid a premium price for this product and my experience with both the product & the Netgear’s support team has been cheap, substandard & totally useless.

While am seeking legal opinion and checking if I can take this situation up with country’s consumer protection authorities / regulators for a legal action, am posting this in the community hoping to get some interim solution from other affected customers.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Pathetic Router & Extremely unreliable support team - Orbi RBS752

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7