Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Pink light and no internet BUT Nest cameras still streaming? (RBR750)

Spinstorm
Follower

Pink light and no internet BUT Nest cameras still streaming? (RBR750)

I have an RBR750 and 3 satellites. These have been connected to Starlink for the last several months but today we got 1Gbit fibre connected. I am not at the home address to try and diagnose the issue myself for a few days but I find this very strange.

The Orbi will happily work for around an hour (and I am speed testing around 940Mbits both ways) but then it starts flashing pink and the internet drops and I lose remote access BUT the Nest security cameras STILL continue streaming!

This is so baffling - if the internet has dropped how can the cameras be streaming on the same network? It makes no sense.

The PON for the fibre is connected to the ISP router and the router is connected to the Orbi. I haven’t as I said had a chance to see if I can remove the ISP router or turn off that routers Wi-Fi (which is right next to the Orbi).

I remember when setting up the Orbi it certainly was NOT plug and play. I had to set up a new connection on Starlink and this hasn’t happen on the full fibre. I assumed/hoped that it would just plug in and work but it seems to be acting very, very strange.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Pink light and no internet BUT Nest cameras still streaming? (RBR750)

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

When the internet stop, are you seeing a PINK and or WHITE front LED on the RBR? 

Would you try this? https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/Enable-Email-Logging-and-Router-Rebo...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7