Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Portion of devices can connect to ORBI AX6000 / RBK852 WiFi network, but not access internet?

matthew-s
Aspirant

Portion of devices can connect to ORBI AX6000 / RBK852 WiFi network, but not access internet?

Yesterday I set up an AX6000 / RBK 852 network.

I have many devices attached to the network w/o issue (3 iphones, 2 Lenovo laptops, Google home mini, a few devices on the wired network).

Two devices - a 2019 13" macbook pro, and a 2018 Acer Chromebook are both able to see and connect to the WiFi network, but they are not getting access to the internet.

I've updated the chrombooks firmware, I've renewed the DHCP lease on the macbook (both per other postings). I've rebooted these devices a few times, I've even removed security from the WiFi connection to no avail.

What do I need to do here?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
matthew-s
Aspirant

Re: Portion of devices can connect to ORBI AX6000 / RBK852 WiFi network, but not access internet?

Ok - solved - looking at a sidebar suggestion on a similar thread.

We have a Circle appliance. Hard wired. I had to go into the Circle app, select "Setting" and turn "Router Compatability Mode" on.

There are other devices managed by Circle that did work w/o this change, so it was baffling, but now things work, so there you go.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s). Be sure that CTS and RTS values are changed to 2347 under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

What OSX version is loaded on the mac book pro? I have a 2019 MBP 15" OSX 10.14 and 10.15 dual boot and it connects fine. If you disabled security on the two devices, and they still won't connect, possible problem with the wifi drivers on these devices. 

Message 2 of 4
matthew-s
Aspirant

Ok - solved - looking at a sidebar suggestion on a similar thread.

We have a Circle appliance. Hard wired. I had to go into the Circle app, select "Setting" and turn "Router Compatability Mode" on.

There are other devices managed by Circle that did work w/o this change, so it was baffling, but now things work, so there you go.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

AH ok. That would be a cause. Glad you go it working. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7