Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Possible memory leak on RBS960? Causes debug log collect to not work.

TC_in_Montana
Virtuoso

Possible memory leak on RBS960? Causes debug log collect to not work.

I was looking at the debug page on my RBS960 today and the Memory Usage numbers seemed quite high.

The Router itself usually reads around 370MB to 390MB  out of 812MB total.   The satellite was reporting a memory usage of 473MB/812MB.  I thought this was high - especially since the satellite would not normally be doing the same amount of work as the router itself.

I did a debug log collection session and noticed the Memory Usage raised a bit (as expected), but when I wrote out the debuglog file it wrote out as a 0 length file so there was nothing to look at.

When I went back to my debug page, I saw that the Memory Usage had dropped some from where it was while log collection was running, but it never dropped back to 473 - it only dropped to 482MB/812MB.   So - something held on to 9MB of Memory.

During multiple debug sessions over 90 minutes - with every debug log writing out as a 0 byte file, memory usage raised during debug log collection, but never dropped back to the starting point.    Memory Usage got as high as 509MB/812MB - but ultimately never dropped back below the 490MB/812MB level.    I also noted that the raise in memory usage was higher when doing LAN/WAN packet capture than when not - but that would be expected as well.   

Since I could not get a debug log with any data - I manually unplugged the satellite to force a reboot - and when it reconnected with the router, I went back into the debug page and it showed a starting Memory Usage of 323MB/812MB - which makes sense and is more in line with what I would expect.   

Once I rebooted the satellite - the debug logs began writing correctly.   As a side note - I did a debug log run on my other RBS960 satellite - it showed 439MB/812MB Memory Usage - and the debug log is writing as 0 byte files from it as well.

This leads me to believe that there is a memory leak somewhere in the satellite - and after reaching some point (I do not know what that point is) - debug log collection stops working.

As additional information - my satellites have both been up for 11 days - and I am on firmware version V6.0.3.85 on both router and satellite.

I have some supporting documentation I can provide via PM if necessary but prefer to not publish it in a public forum.

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7