Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Process to setting up a new Orbi (AX4200) replacing an older Orbi (RBR50)

mdubbs
Follower

Process to setting up a new Orbi (AX4200) replacing an older Orbi (RBR50)

I just purchased a new Orbi system (AX4200) to replace my older Orbi system (RBR50).  I was wondering about the process to setting up the new system.  I don't want to have to change the network name and password.  Is this possible?  What would the process be to setting the new system up using the already established and created network?  Thank you for any insight!!!

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Process to setting up a new Orbi (AX4200) replacing an older Orbi (RBR50)

@mdubbs wrote:

I just purchased a new Orbi system (AX4200) to replace my older Orbi system (RBR50).  I was wondering about the process to setting up the new system.  I don't want to have to change the network name and password.

What I have done every time I replace a WiFi router is configure the new WiFi with exactly the same SSID and password as the old one.

• The allows all of my WiFi devices to connect automatically to the new system.  No configuration required.
  • It also allows me to "go back" and swap the old system in place of the new one and every device connects automatically.

Sometimes I wish I had picked a more exciting SSID 10 years ago, but "that's life".

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Process to setting up a new Orbi (AX4200) replacing an older Orbi (RBR50)

Please be sure to post about Orbi AX questions or information over in the Orbi AX Forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Good Luck

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7