Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Questions on configuring RBR850 Orbi router

donawalt
Virtuoso

Questions on configuring RBR850 Orbi router

Hi all, I was wondering if you could comment on a few questions I have on the set up of a relatively new Orbi RBR850 router with satellite. Everything is running well, and the speeds are great! I have 1 GB Comcast internet.

1. A simple thing, but every time I log into orbilogin.net to look at something, it makes me add my password again - even if I have checked the checkbox to save the password many times. Is this a bug or do I have something set up wrong?

2. I originally set up LAG successfully (CM1200 modem), but then I turned it off as I saw some posts saying there were "issues with the CM1200 and LAG". Is this old news and no longer an issue, or something I should avoid for now? 

3. Should I manually install the hot fix 3.2.15.32? The app updated me to 3.2.15.25. I didn't see much on what the hot fix was for.

Thanks for answering my questions!

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Questions on configuring RBR850 Orbi router

@donawalt wrote:

Hi all, I was wondering if you could comment on a few questions I have on the set up of a relatively new Orbi RBR850 router with satellite. Everything is running well, and the speeds are great! I have 1 GB Comcast internet.

1. A simple thing, but every time I log into orbilogin.net to look at something, it makes me add my password again - even if I have checked the checkbox to save the password many times. Is this a bug or do I have something set up wrong?

What browser are you using? Try a different browser. Be sure the browser accepts the PW and stores it correctly. 

2. I originally set up LAG successfully (CM1200 modem), but then I turned it off as I saw some posts saying there were "issues with the CM1200 and LAG". Is this old news and no longer an issue, or something I should avoid for now? 

Something to post about here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/CM1200-slows-down-after-24-48-hours-of-uptime-...

3. Should I manually install the hot fix 3.2.15.32? The app updated me to 3.2.15.25. I didn't see much on what the hot fix was for.

You can if you like:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/RBR850-RBS850-Firmware-Version-3-2-15-32-Hot-Fix-Firmware-U...

Manually apply if. If your system is working you can keep what is currently loaded as well. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

@donawalt wrote:

What browser are you using? Try a different browser. Be sure the browser accepts the PW and stores it correctly. 

Something to post about here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/CM1200-slows-down-after-24-48-hours-of-uptime-...

You can if you like:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/RBR850-RBS850-Firmware-Version-3-2-15-32-Hot-Fix-Firmware-U...

Manually apply if. If your system is working you can keep what is currently loaded as well. 

Message 2 of 4
donawalt
Virtuoso

Thank you for your reply, the answers helped me sort my questions out!

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy.Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements