Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK 852(wifi6 ) wifi download speed only 100Mbps under Gigabit internet

bojackkk
Aspirant

RBK 852(wifi6 ) wifi download speed only 100Mbps under Gigabit internet

Seems Netgrar community doesn't even have this modle when create the discusstion.....

Buy from Amazon  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WNY2WKG/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wave Gigabit internet in home. Speedtest inside Orbi App shows 920Mbps/930Mbps which is good enough for gigabits.

Issue is wireless speed only 1/9 of the gigabit speed:

- iPhone 11 Pro Max Wifi connected to the router, speedtest download speed only 100Mbps.

- Macbook Pro 13-inch 2017  Wifi connected to Satellite, speed test around 100-200Mbps, rarely 200.

Wired:

- Upload speed is almost 300-600 Mbps in above situation.

All config is auto like channel etc. What's wrong with this wireless speed. I'm thinking to see at lease 300 to 600 Mbps? (I've have ASUS in China, with 1000Mbps internet and my 11 pro max is getting 700 to 900Mbps speed of download.)

Model and firmware version:

Model Name Device Name Current Firmware Version Status
RouterRBR850RBR850V3.2.10.11No New Firmware Available
SatelliteRBS850Orbi Satellite-1V3.2.10.11No New Firmware Available

Message 1 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK 852(wifi6 ) wifi download speed only 100Mbps under Gigabit internet

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Message 2 of 12
bojackkk
Aspirant

https://www.whoismyisp.org/ said my ISP is vanoppen.biz LLC.

I'm using WaveG.

How to check model# and what is Mfr? The technition come to home and did some on wall. all network seem to configure in the wall. 

Message 3 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Load up WiFi Sweet Spots on your iPhone then turn OFF The RBS. Connect the iPhone to the RBR and see what speeds the iPhone is connected at with the RBR. iPhone should be around 3 to 6 feet from the RBR.

Message 4 of 12
reneky
Tutor

I seem to have the same problem: my brand new RBK 852/AX6000 connects to my router at 100MB

My router is a Mikrotek RB2011UAS running RouterOS v6.46.4 (latest version).

I connect the RBK852 to one of the ethernet ports on the Mikrotek RB2011UAS, and then see this on the Mikrotek:

/interface ethernet monitor ether4
name: ether4
auto-negotiation: done
rate: 100Mbps
full-duplex: yes
tx-flow-control: no
rx-flow-control: no
advertising: 10M-half,10M-full,100M-half,100M-full
link-partner-advertising: 10M-half,10M-full,100M-half,100M-full

See especially that last line: link-partner-advertising, which caps out at 100M-full.

The other ports have other things connected, and say:

rate: 1Gbps

If I swap ports I also get swapped results, so it really seems like the RBK852 is only advertising 100MB.

I updated the firmware when setting it up, and it now says there is no more updates.

I used the ethernet cable in the RBK852 box to connect the RBK852 to the Mikrotek RB2011UAS.

Any idea how I can get the RBK 852 to use 1Gbs to connect to the modem/router ?

Update: I connected my old AP, a Apple Airport Extreme, and it gets the 1 Gbs rate.

Message 5 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Swap LAN cables out for a good quality CAT6 cable. 

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Is the microtik the router in front of the RBR or is it the modem as well? 

If you have a router in front of the RBR and remove it and connect the RBR directly to the modem. 
Be sure your connecting the RBRs yellow WAN port the GB ports on your router. I see your router has both GB and 100Mb ports. 

IF the same thing happens and a reset on the RBR fails as well, take the Orbi AX system back and get another. I would presume the WAN port on the RBR is faulty. It should connect at 1000Mbps. 

@reneky wrote:

I seem to have the same problem: my brand new RBK 852/AX6000 connects to my router at 100MB

My router is a Mikrotek RB2011UAS running RouterOS v6.46.4 (latest version).

I connect the RBK852 to one of the ethernet ports on the Mikrotek RB2011UAS, and then see this on the Mikrotek:

/interface ethernet monitor ether4
name: ether4
auto-negotiation: done
rate: 100Mbps
full-duplex: yes
tx-flow-control: no
rx-flow-control: no
advertising: 10M-half,10M-full,100M-half,100M-full
link-partner-advertising: 10M-half,10M-full,100M-half,100M-full

See especially that last line: link-partner-advertising, which caps out at 100M-full.

The other ports have other things connected, and say:

rate: 1Gbps

If I swap ports I also get swapped results, so it really seems like the RBK852 is only advertising 100MB.

I updated the firmware when setting it up, and it now says there is no more updates.

I used the ethernet cable in the RBK852 box to connect the RBK852 to the Mikrotek RB2011UAS.

Any idea how I can get the RBK 852 to use 1Gbs to connect to the modem/router ?

Update: I connected my old AP, a Apple Airport Extreme, and it gets the 1 Gbs rate.

Message 6 of 12
reneky
Tutor

I used the cable that came in the box with the RBK 852, would be crazy if that can't do 1000Gbs.

The mikrotik is connected directly to the fiber coming into the house, so it is currently functioning as a modem and router. I also has it's own AP, but I've had that turned off since I got the Apple Airport Extreme a few years ago.

Indeed, the mikrotik has 5 1Gbs ports and 5 100Mb ports, I only use the 1 Gbs ports, and get 1Gb on those ports with the Apple Airport Extreme and other products.

Yes, I guess the WAN port is faulty. Sigh.

Message 7 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Go take this one back and get another. 

Message 8 of 12
reneky
Tutor

I tried it at a neighbours place, and was able to connect at 1Gbs, so the port works, but there is an incompatibility between the RBK852 and the Mikrotik RB2011iL-IN when negotiating the link speed.

Thanks for the responses!

Message 9 of 12
bojackkk
Aspirant

Not much different. I test several times over several hours.

iPhone 11 Pro Max Wifi connected to the router, no Satellite on.

Download at most can be 200Mbps, just two times. And all other is still fall in 100Mbps.

- Upload speed is still almost 300-600 Mbps in above situation.

Even 200Mbps compare to 1000Mbps is 80% loss, that's terrible, I'm thinking about 400-600Mbps

Message 10 of 12
bojackkk
Aspirant

Can I? It's definitely over 30 days

Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Great test with the nieghbor. Glad the RBR is really working. Might get with Mikrotik and see if there is any settings or configuration or maybe a FW update that can help. 

Good Luck. 

@reneky wrote:

I tried it at a neighbours place, and was able to connect at 1Gbs, so the port works, but there is an incompatibility between the RBK852 and the Mikrotik RB2011iL-IN when negotiating the link speed.

Thanks for the responses!

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7