Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK352 but want to add a 3rd satellite but it won't sync ???

Moocher
Aspirant

RBK352 but want to add a 3rd satellite but it won't sync ???

Ok...

I've had my Orbi RBK352 for 18 months without any issues.

We have just moved to a new larger house & want to add an extra satellite to my system but I can't get it to sync.

It's only about 3 meters away from the router but obviously has a different password as it did not come with the original system.

On the app it asks me to put in my email & password in which I successfully do. But doesn't find the router.

Try setting up a new system by scanning the QR Code on the router.

It gives my Orbi WiFi networks name. Continue & run through the process it tells me.

States satellites starting up & runs through another process.

Then it tells me to "join the Orbi network"

Then "Log into your Orbi"...This is where the problems begin

User Name is "Admin" Password by default is "password" but it won't log in...Grrrrrrr

I've tried the password for the Orbi System, I've tried my personal password to log in but nothing works.

I've tried resetting the system, deleting & reinstalling the app, I've logged into my Netgear Modem & tried that password.

Absolutely nothing is working & have read it's a common problem.

Please help. I'm just about fed up with this

Message 1 of 7
ekhalil
Master

Re: RBK352 but want to add a 3rd satellite but it won't sync ???

Not being able to login to the system has nothing to do with adding the satellite.
You should login as usual with the password you use to login to your system.
It can be that you tried many times. Just wait a bit and try again.
Once you login successfully try then to add the new satellite.
Message 2 of 7
Moocher
Aspirant

I fully understand that not being able to log-in has nothing to do with adding another satellite but how in hell can I add another satellite when the system won't let me log-in ???

It can only be 1 of 3 passwords...

1) The default password

2) The password on the router

OR

3) The password I use to log-in to my account

BUT unfortunately it won't let me log-in with any of these answers...

I have even gone to the orbilogin.net... put in the serial number, it then asks my secret questions. I put in the answers & even that tells me I'm wrong... One messed up system when it's not working properly ... Grrrrrrrrrr

Message 3 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

@Moocher wrote:

I fully understand that not being able to log-in has nothing to do with adding another satellite but how in hell can I add another satellite when the system won't let me log-in ???

Netgear has a Knowledge base article showing how to add a satellite using only the WPS sync buttons on the back of the cases.

https://kb.netgear.com/31018/How-do-I-sync-my-Orbi-router-and-satellite 

Not being able to log into the Orbi router web administration would drive me bonkers.  So much so, that I would (and have) done a complete configuration all over again in order to gain access.

When the router is Factory Reset, it erases all user configuration and sets the web login credentials to "admin" and "password".

I discovered early on that in my haste to get finished, I was not deliberate enough with those password reset questions.  My experience was that I had to deliberately 'pull down' the list of prompts and select one.

Message 4 of 7
Moocher
Aspirant

Just an update a few weeks...

I finally bit the bullet & did a full factory reset. I signed my mesh system up as a complete new setup.

All is now working... BUT I still have a problem, when trying to sign in on the app again...

It keeps coming up with log-in details incorrect... Grrrrrrrrrr

It tells you - Username is "admin"

Password (by default) is "password"

type that in & "Log-in details are in correct"

At least I have all 3 satellites connected now. But I can't get into the app to change anything.

I'm very happy with the system running correctly but it's **bleep**ting me I can't sign in to make changes as required. 

Message 5 of 7
Moocher
Aspirant

@CrimpOn...

Thanks for your help. Your advice on resetting was the only thing that worked.

Cheers

Message 6 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

@Moocher wrote:

It tells you - Username is "admin"

Password (by default) is "password"

type that in & "Log-in details are in correct"

At least I have all 3 satellites connected now. But I can't get into the app to change anything.

Yes, the app is frustrating when it auto-fills (is that a word?) "admin".

The Orbi app uses the Netgear account login, not the router web credentials.  i.e. the same login used to access the community forum.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7