Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK753 Orbi Nest mesh WIFI - What is the cheapest add on Satellite I can purchase?

SGDH
Aspirant

RBK753 Orbi Nest mesh WIFI - What is the cheapest add on Satellite I can purchase?

Re:  Model RBK753  AX4200 WIFI 6 Mesh (Router + 2 satellites). - Sorry did not find model search!

I have just purchased this for our bungalow and it is brilliant, except the wifi does not reach the nest cameras i have at the top of each gable end on the exterior of the house (1st floor level).

I dont blame the Orbi as they are all on one level (1 in garage and ethernet backhauled) but the Nest Camera struggle to get a solid wifi up one floor (loft) and on the exterior of the brick building.

I want to put a mesh satellite in the loft to give extra 2.4 wifi boost in the loft area to reach these cameras, but want to do so as economically as possible but keeping the integrity of the mesh system.  I am ok with Wifi 5 AC in the loft provided the additional units can added to my system and be one mesh (on same App with same SSID)

I have as a temporary solution put my old EE wifi router in the loft as a Acess Point, set on 2.4, but I dont really want to have a competeing network in the loft interferring with my new netgear system in the house.

I also dont want to spend £250 on another RK750 unit either if possible and then put it in a cold/hot loft depending on the season

Any suggestions - Muchly appreciated!

Thanks

Steve 

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK753 Orbi Nest mesh WIFI - What is the cheapest add on Satellite I can purchase?

NGs EX7500, 7700 and 8000 model extenders work with Orbi AX. There extenders only so the backhaul will not be used when these are connected. Works in a pinch though. I believe the EAX80 works as well however thats a bit more expensive. 

Message 2 of 6
SGDH
Aspirant

many thanks - justr picked up the 7700 on Amazon for £90 so will try and hook up and see how we go.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Make sure the FW is up to date on EX7700 before trying to connect it. It may not connect initially. I just updated mine yesterday and will working. Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 6
SGDH
Aspirant

Will do.  Thanks for the tip.  Does it connect into the existing 5Ghz backhaul channel of the existing Orbi system to get the internet feed and then distribute via its own 5Ghz and 2.4 Ghz channels?  I guess it does as it is tri band.  For my 2 orbi satellites I have one connected via etghernet, and one connects via 5ghz back haul.  Will the EX7700 work in the same fashion as the second satellite i mentioned.

Thanks, but of a novice so appreciate the assistance!

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

I don't believe it will, I believe the EX7700 2nd 5Ghz radio is for routers with tri band front haul signals. The Orbi is only for back haul and with in the Orbi system between the RBR and RBS only, which is not accessible for anyone. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7