Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK753 Satellite LED Power Light Solid Red

Camaroon83
Aspirant

RBK753 Satellite LED Power Light Solid Red

Hi all, just recently bought a factory refurbished Orbi RBK753 system from woot.com. Set it up the other day and everything seemed to go smoothly. All three devices (router and two satellites) needed firmware updates which I initiated. I had to go somewhere that night but right before I left, I noticed that one of the satellites was offline. I figured it would be fine but when I came back home much later it was still offline, and again in the morning when I woke up, about 12 hours after setting it up. Went to go check on it and it was pulsing white. Decided to power cycle it figuring it was a connection issue, but it never powered back up after that, instead I got a solid red power LED. I started searching for solutions and have tried to reset it multiple times using the 30-30-30 factory reset option. I spoke with Netgear support who had me try that and had me try connecting it directly to the router, but nothing worked. Pressing the reset button seems to have no affect at all. Support said they'd have to escalate it and they'd get back to me. In the meantime, I worked on another forum for support as well. While working there, at some point yesterday I plugged it in and left it that way for about 2 hours and out of nowhere it started to pulse white again, which I thought was promising. Then, at the suggestion of someone helping me on that forum I plugged it directly into my laptop and performed a reset to try and get my laptop to recognize the internal server, but it didn't work, and I'm now not getting anything from it again. I plugged it in for several hours, got nothing. Unplugged it and plugged it back in again, left it overnight with it connected to my laptop, nothing. Just a solid red power LED. The router and the other satellite are working great, giving me speeds I had never gotten before, so I'd like to try and fix this so I don't have to return or RMA the whole thing. I've seen things about trying to transfer firmware via a tftp connection, but don't know much about that. Thanks in advance for your time in trying to help!

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK753 Satellite LED Power Light Solid Red

Sounds like the RBS is bad and needs replaced. 

Message 2 of 4
Camaroon83
Aspirant

Yeah, seems that way. Netgear support just called me back and told me to contact woot to see if they can replace, and they're checking to see if they can replace it on their end as well. Thanks for the response!

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements