Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK753 - Useless piece of trash

jordand
Star

RBK753 - Useless piece of trash

I cannot begin to describe how much regret I have for buying this Netgear product. I have 3 WiFi 6 AX satellites in my home of three levels, and it is unbelievable how this product can provide less connection stability than my SINGLE UNIT, 20 DOLLAR ISP modem/router on the ground floor.

I dropped 600 euros on this garbage. Since the latest 3 firmware updates, my system on the third floor connects to the 2.4ghz point on the ground floor. It resyncs every 5 minutes. I cannot maintain a remote desktop connection for 60 seconds without a dropout.

I've changed the preamble to the highest level, disabled 2.4Ghz AX features, reduced the transmit power, increased it again, reduced it again, rebooted, reset to factory defaults THREE TIMES, updated the firmware through every single promised fix.

My points also randomly think they're connected via "Wired backhaul" even though there is nothing even plugged in to ANY OF THE ETHERNET PORTS ON ANY POINT

I literally just wanted to vent. I am buying a different system, and throwing this in the trash. In fact, I'm gonna run cat 7 cabling all throughout my house which happens to cost half the price of this junk. Just wanted to let Netgear know that they are robbing people of their time and money. 90 days complimentary product support? Nice when you completely brick the device after 90 days. A message to anyone looking to go Orbi, save yourself the trouble, it's literal garbage. 

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK753 - Useless piece of trash

You can downgrade from V4 to v3. If you have a host router already in front of the Orbi system, you can block NGs update servers from there and use last working version of v3 FW. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7