Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK753 can not connect to MyQ Chamberlain garage

djk1
Aspirant

RBK753 can not connect to MyQ Chamberlain garage

So i just setup the 3 RBK753 via ethernet backhaul spread evenly throughout the house. I have gotten everything to 72 of the 73 devices in my house to connect but the MyQ Chamberlain garage opener. I have tried a few things like disconnecting the 2 satillites and switching to 2.4GHz only. I  have tried setup through the chamberlain app and also through a web interface. I think i am missing something obvious but just can't figure out what. It kinda a deal breaker if my garage door opener can't connect. Hate to return them cause other than I get perfect speeds. Singal in the garge is good, on 2.4Ghz I get about 100 down and 20 up. Anyone else deal with 2.4Ghz older devices?

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Can try changing the CTS value from 64 to 2347 and see if this helps any, Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings. If this fails,

Do you happen to have your older or prior 2.4Ghz router? If you do, you can do this, Connect this router behind the RBR. Can be in router or AP mode with this prior router. You might set or place this router near the garage device. Set up the wifi on this router for same SSID name and PW as used on the Orbi. Have the garage device connect to this prior router and get it configured. Once it's connected and setup, just turn OFF the prior router and the garage device should automatically connect to the orbi wifi signal. I would turn down the power output of the Orbi fron 100% to 25% while you do this with the prior router, then return it back to 100%. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Try disabling AX mode for 2.4Ghz on the RBR and see if it connects. 

Contact the mfr of this device for additional information as well. 

What FW version is currently loaded on the Orbi system?

Message 2 of 9
djk1
Aspirant

The firmware is V3.2.16.6_1.4.4 I think I already tried turning off the AX features in the 2.4ghz..

Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Can try changing the CTS value from 64 to 2347 and see if this helps any, Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings. If this fails,

Do you happen to have your older or prior 2.4Ghz router? If you do, you can do this, Connect this router behind the RBR. Can be in router or AP mode with this prior router. You might set or place this router near the garage device. Set up the wifi on this router for same SSID name and PW as used on the Orbi. Have the garage device connect to this prior router and get it configured. Once it's connected and setup, just turn OFF the prior router and the garage device should automatically connect to the orbi wifi signal. I would turn down the power output of the Orbi fron 100% to 25% while you do this with the prior router, then return it back to 100%. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 4 of 9
djk1
Aspirant

I have a older mesh router system, the TP-Link Deco M5's, I wonder if that would work the same? I will try it. 

Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Just need the router portion is all. Hopefully that will help you get the garage device connected to the Orbi system. 

Message 6 of 9
BiGMERF
Apprentice

i have an older myQ hub connected to my 852, mines is hard wired though

Message 7 of 9
djk1
Aspirant

Looks like after a few tries the CTS value change did work. Thanks for all the help!!!!!!!!

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok Good to hear. If you change the CTS value back to what it was, does the garage device remain connected? 

@djk1 wrote:

Looks like after a few tries the CTS value change did work. Thanks for all the help!!!!!!!!

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7