Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK753 placement

AKRWA
Follower

RBK753 placement

Hello,

I just bought an RBK753 system from Costco. The house is single story but has an odd layout. Kinda shaped like a U but the base and left line of the U a lot longer than the right line.

My current plan is to put

- Orbi router in the center of the U (that is my cable modem point and I cannot change it).

- One satellite in the center of the left line of the U and the other directly across (the top of the right line of the U)

1) What is the direction of the antenna in the Orbi RBR/RBS 750? Are there considerations on how the router/satellite should be facing to get maximum possible horizontal coverage? I am mostly interested in optimizing backhaul performance as the devices will likely be spread out throughout the house and cameras outside the house as well. 

2) I am looking at wall mounting the Orbi. Are there considerations to be made to the height from the floor for a one story house given that I would not care about signal strength in the attic and crawlspace?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK753 placement

30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7