Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK753S - Xbox Causes Router to Reboot, Occasional Double NAT

FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. Ya I think NAT Filter problems has been fixed. I got a early beta version of it a bit ago to test out. 

I've taken my Orbi AX off line. Going to see if I can get it updated thru the auto update feature so I can check this. 

You play MW? 

Message 26 of 36
campolo313
Apprentice

Yeah I think so too, wish we had Release Notes to verify, but just being able to get two Open NATs at the same time makes me think it’s likely.

I had the update appear on my iOS App and the Router GUI, so I’m not sure how far they have rolled it out. I used the GUI to update since the App used to be dicey for me.

I have MW, but I don’t play it as often as other games. Typically I’m on Breakpoint, Borderlands 3, Division 2, or Diablo 3 (Switch Version). I might hop on to see how my NAT displays on MW.
Message 27 of 36
FURRYe38
Guru

Well if this seems to fix your problems, please mark your post as solved so others will know. 

Smiley Wink

Message 28 of 36
campolo313
Apprentice

Just confirming a couple things before marking it as solved, particularly I want to test with the person and the game that was causing the router reboots.  But so far it looks like I can get Open NAT on both Xbox and NAT Type A on my Switch all at the same time.  I have a bit of wonkiness going on with my Router Logs and UPnP Port Mapping showing Port 3074 as Active when not in use, but I think it might be an interface time lag or bug.

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Well if this seems to fix your problems, please mark your post as solved so others will know. 

Smiley Wink

Message 29 of 36
FURRYe38
Guru

Do any of your consoles have automatic updates even when turned off? If so, possible the port is being reporting active when this happens. 

Message 30 of 36
campolo313
Apprentice

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Do any of your consoles have automatic updates even when turned off? If so, possible the port is being reporting active when this happens. 

Yes, both my Xbox are set to "Instant On" and my Switch is also, so I think they are holding the port open once it has been used.  But it does look like UPnP is doing it's job and deleting the Port Mapping when another system requests it, it just doesn't delete it when the system Powers Down, so I'm just going to monitor it.

I do have good news as I was able to just play an hour and a half of Breakpoint with the guy that was crashing me, so I am going to mark this thread as solved.

For those looking for help in the future, here is what ended up being my solution:

Upgrading to the latest firmware (V3.2.16.6_1.4.4)
Changing NAT Filter from Secure to Open

This gave all my systems Open NAT and Full Cone NAT.

Message 31 of 36
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, then the port will be open of course since it's being accessed by those devices.

Glad it's working now. Glad NG finally got the NAT Filter bug fixed. I can't wait to get my 8 series updated too. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 32 of 36
campolo313
Apprentice

Yeah, I'm not as familar with UPnP (typically I had it disabled and just went with a Moderate NAT), so I wasn't sure how it is supposed to look in the Port Mapping Table.  But all three of my systems are showing Open NAT or Type A NAT, so as long as that is showing and working, I'll be happy.

Message 33 of 36
FURRYe38
Guru

I've never had any problems with uPnP. Alwasys have left it enabled. It's just a automatic program for doing port fowarding is all. If your adept in manual PFs then one can disable it. It's a lazy mans form of PF. Smiley Wink

Message 34 of 36
campolo313
Apprentice

As long as it's working, I'm comfortable to leave it set and let it do its work.  Port Forwarding with Multiple Consoles is a pain especially seeing that everything wants to use Port 3074.  Can't wait for IPv6 to be rolled out widely enough to eliminate the need for NAT.

Message 35 of 36
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll be fine. Enjoy now.

Message 36 of 36
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 35 replies
  • 10 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements