Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RXE850 - How to Clear the Netgear Smart Parental Controls Pop-up?

RBK850 - How to Clear the Netgear Smart Parental Controls Pop-up?

Hello all, running the AX6000 Orbi.  I recently had Smart Parental Controls turned off and refunded, as it disables Access Control (you get one or the other).  Support was great and helped get that taken care of, but unfortunately I had to factory reset the Orbi to get Access Control back.

Everything is working now beyond Access Control being "All or Nothing" (i.e. it blocks the guest network too) but that's an enhancement request.  Now on to my question:

In the Orbi app, if I click Device Manager I get a pop-up for Smart Parental Controls, "Premium Plan Please Activate".  If I click the X to close it, it takes me back to the Orbi app home screen.  There is also a button to "Set Up Now", but naturally I'm a bit hesitant to do it as I don't want to lose Access Control nor do I want to do another factory reset.

Does anyone know if there's a way to get rid of that without setting up Smart Parental Controls, or will I need to bug support again?  Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RXE850 - How to Clear the Netgear Smart Parental Controls Pop-up?

You might uninstall the app then re-install it.

Possible a factory reset on the RBR maybe needed to clear out any lingering SPC items. 

I would contact NG support about that. Seems like the Orbi app is not correctly handling this.

@Blanca_O 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7